Old 06-17-2019, 12:56 PM   #1

Otter Lake Campground

Just wanted to share that we spent Father's Day weekend at Otter Lake CG near the Delaware Water Gap, PA and it was fantastic. It was our first time there. The CG is run very well, big level sites, plenty of amenities, and of course Otter Lake. There is fishing, a beach, and we kayaked and paddle boarded. The CG is huge. I highly recommend trying to get a lake front spot. We are aiming for lake front next year. The DE Water Gap is close by as is Bushkill Falls. Just wanted to share in case anyone is close by. Next year we are aiming for 3 nites instead of 2.

Kevin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Otter Lake.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	207583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Otter Lake2.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	207584  
Ridpath88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:02 AM   #2

Itís a Great Place!

Otter Lake is one of our favorite campgrounds.

We have been to Otter Lake several times and we never ended up with a site we didnít like. The only thing that is oddly different about Otter Lake is, for some reason, people tend to cut through campsites to get around more than at any other campground we have been to, especially if you are camping close to a bath house. Itís an odd phenomenon that it happens here more than at other places, but that wouldnít keep us from going back.

The lake is a great asset to this campground for many reasons, but my favorite aspect of the lake is it actually has decent fish in it. I have caught pike, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass and huge...massive crappies. I have always fished from the shore and the docks and have always had great luck.

There is also a lot of wildlife in and around the campground. While we never saw a bear in the campground, we have seen many while driving close to it.

If you can, you should avoid approaching there via Snow Hill Rd and use Marshalls Creek Rd instead, because Snow Hill Rd can put a hurting on the contents of your RV and there are a lot of trees close to the road with scars on them at about 11í Up from the ground.

Bruce
Old 06-21-2019, 12:52 PM   #3

Hereís a nice catch from the lake this week:

Click image for larger version

Name:	9F8A42F4-ADF7-40A9-852E-959FB2731DDC.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	207898

Bruce
Old 06-26-2019, 09:00 PM   #4

I like it better in the winter
retired on a mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:51 PM   #5
Trailer Park Supervisor

Just booked Otter Lake for Veteran's Day weekend in November for 3 nights. Looking forward to it. 50 bucks a night, they shut the water off 1st weekend in Nov, so will have to fill my fresh tank at the bathhouse. Hard to believe no lake front spots are left that time of year!
Old 10-11-2019, 10:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Just booked Otter Lake for Veteran's Day weekend in November for 3 nights. Looking forward to it. 50 bucks a night, they shut the water off 1st weekend in Nov, so will have to fill my fresh tank at the bathhouse. Hard to believe no lake front spots are left that time of year!

Yes it has lots of seasonal summer leave and winter campers pull in. Surprised you Evan got a site with sewer that week end. Iíll be there Halloween
Old 11-02-2019, 01:25 PM   #7

Got here Thursday Halloween lots of rain and wind but 70 degrees. Friday was cool 50 with breeze . Saturday 29 in morning place filled up. Winter seasonals putting up there mud rooms. Lots of hammering the others are blowing leaves all day long . Putting the boat in lake to get away from the noise.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:59 PM   #8
Trailer Park Supervisor

Ugh, hate the sounds of leaf blowers, like bees in my brain! Hopefully they will be done with that nonsense by next weekend. It is going to be so cold next weekend, maybe 2 inches of snow there Fri morning, then a low 21 sat morning and 20 Sun morning. Wind chill of 15 on Sat morning, Brrr. Just finished wrapping my water tank supply line to my pump with heat cable and insulation wrap. I think I'll be good.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:20 PM   #9

I donít think the blowers will be away the ownerís blowers are worse then the campers . Iím down by a bath room for some reason there here 3 times today. The road coming up had lots of small tree limbs broken of but no problem . We did see the Big Bear family about the 2 Nd grated bridge on the left . And yes 3 plus inches of snow is on the way

Tags
campground, mpg