Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2019, 09:27 AM   #1
Dynamax Istata 3 RW

Parking at Port Everglades

Looking for suggestions for parking 25' MH and toad for a cruise. Seems to be a lot of options on the web. I would like to self park and keep my keys. Where have you parked near Port Everglades near Fort Lauderdale? We will be winterized coming from the north so I don't need electric and I have solar that will run my fans for venting while parked. Looking for something safe and close we will overnight the night before cruise in hotel at the end of December and pick up 6 days later.
gbatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:48 AM   #2

I would see if Miami Everglades RV park has a storage option. Located about an hour away. Haven't stayed there but have heard good things. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191020-074553_Maps.jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	217647
UGACamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:39 AM   #3

in June we had the same 'issue', or need, for long-term parking of our diesel pusher and tow car while on a 5 day cruise from Port Canaveral...
the 'nearby' parking lots are overly expensive, even if they have the 'space' for a 50' RV train, and most any 'storage lots' don't do 'weekly' rentals....so...

I took the more creative route, as we've done in the past for overnight stays...contacted a local church, after looking via google maps satellite view to see their parking lot. We chose one about 10 miles from the port, contacted the pastor from their online 'contact' page, and left a message about our desire to see if they would allow us to park in their lot while on the cruise.
I received a reply call a day or so later, had a great discussion, since we are church-goers ourselves, and found ourselves with a FREE parking option. The pastor also lives rights next door, so security was not a concern, and they were very accommodating for our situation, inviting us to attend church with them, of course : )

It all worked very nicely, and the pastor even had their bus driver shuttle us to and from the port - thank you!
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbatt View Post
Looking for suggestions for parking 25' MH and toad for a cruise. Seems to be a lot of options on the web. I would like to self park and keep my keys. Where have you parked near Port Everglades near Fort Lauderdale? We will be winterized coming from the north so I don't need electric and I have solar that will run my fans for venting while parked. Looking for something safe and close we will overnight the night before cruise in hotel at the end of December and pick up 6 days later.
In 2018 I left my camper in the Ft Lauderdale KOA, It was $10 per day
coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #5

Last March, we left our truck and trailer at the Roadside Inn while on a 1 week cruise. We were initially told that parking was free if we spent a night at the inn. In fact they charged us $185. Took their free shuttle to and from the ship. So we saved the parking fee at the port or the cost of a taxi.
As I recall, there is some parking in the port complex that is large enough for an RV.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:48 PM   #6
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post

I received a reply call a day or so later, had a great discussion, since we are church-goers ourselves, and found ourselves with a FREE parking option. The pastor also lives rights next door, so security was not a concern, and they were very accommodating for our situation, inviting us to attend church with them, of course : )

It all worked very nicely, and the pastor even had their bus driver shuttle us to and from the port - thank you!

I hope you left a sizable "donation" for them being so accommodating.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:28 PM   #7
Dynamax Istata 3 RW

Smile Thanks to all that responded

I don't know why I didn't think of asking a church as "formerFR" suggested. We are headed to the Keys after the cruise to work on a church sponsored project. Thanks too all for your suggestions. We found a church that will be looking out for our MH while we cruise.
gbatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parking