Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #1

Pigeon Forge Campgrounds

We are looking to tow to Pigeon Forge next summer from around STL. Is there any places better or worse than other to stay? Looking for any advice. This will be our first tow with our new to us 5th wheel.

Thanks
Wilson1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #2

We are going to Twin Creek CG in Gatlinburg next month. It is our first time I can give you some information then.

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
NELA

We just came back from PF 2 weeks ago, and stayed at Up The Creek RV Park.

They have a page online...and yes, it *is* this nice;

Pigeon Forge RV- Up the Creek RV Camp, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Smoky Mountains

Low 30's ($) per night. We stayed there nine nights.

Awesome quiet place, small, 35 spaces, with a mountain creek coming down both sides of it. Some spaces have outdoor kitchens.

FULL hook ups but no public restrooms, showers, playgrounds etc. Kids played in the creeks, and had a great time. (other kids, not ours, they've all got kids of their own now)

It's about 5 miles off the main drag, out Wears Valley Road, turn right on Walden's Creek, left on Little Valley Rd. cross the bridge and you're there.

Quiet setting, no city lights or noise, lots of stars, tree frogs and crickets.

We'll be back there next year, for sure.

VERY dog friendly.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
NELA

If I wasn't so lazy I'd have already posted *tons* of pics I took at that site to my album here.

AND, they have designated space to store your trailers. Had a few folks come in Friday for the Labor Day weekend hot rod/classic car show and brought their 'rods in on trailers behind their MHs.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #5

Look up Townsend Tn. Its not far from PF and costs less to stay then some of the ones in PF or Gatlinburg. Check out CampTownsend and Tremont Campground. You can tube down the creek that runs from the park all the way through town.

2017 Ford F350 CCSB
Mods and Pics
BurgPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #6

We second "up the creek" RV park...very quiet yet accessible....no playground may disappoint some but the quiet atmosphere more than makes up for it! We had teenagers with us so they had the "pigeon forge playground" to enjoy! Have fun!
bluflame11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
Wanna Be Camper

Bear Cove Village - RV's and camping information

Stayed here for 5 days this past June, 5 minutes from Dollywood and downtown Pigeon Forge. Has beautiful level paved pads and is nice and quiet.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #8

I always tell people to check out River Plantation RV Park. It is a larger park and can accommodate any type of rig. They are about the most reasonable on the rates and are some very friendly folks running the place.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #9

We stayed in Servile, Tn on the outskirts of PF. At the River Plantation RV Resort. Great place, roomy spaces. We were there for the car show. Will use this park again and again. Like Helmsey said very friendly folks.
2011 Greywolf 26rl
nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #10

We stayed in Sevierville outside the mayhem of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Those are fantastic places to day trip to, but a bear to drive downtown thru.
Camping in East Tennessee & RV Campgrounds Smoky Mountains | Ripplin Waters RV Campground
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #11

We stayed at Creekside RV Park in March and was pleased with the cg. We had fh and internet and cable. It is close to all the outlet shopping and restaurants. The also accepted Passport America. The restrooms were clean. Since it was the first time camping in our 5th wheel in the area we checked out other cgs in the area. Be careful, many cg were deceiving in their internet photos. The others in the immediate area we would stay at were Riveredge RV Park, Pine Mountain RV Park and Twin Creek RV Resort. We stayed 5 nights.
cwhitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #12

Pine Mountain RV

Check out Pine Mountain in Pigeon Forge. It is at light 6 and it is off the road so you don't hear the parkway traffic but close enough to all the fun. The park is fully paved and the spots are larger than some of the other parks in PF. It has full hooks up, fire ring, cable TV and wifi is great on all sites. The park has a pool and you have access to the hotel pool across the street since the owners own both the hotel and the park. The hotel has a lazy river, indoor pool and hot tub. There is a camping store at the park and with full laundry facilities and the bath house are individual showers which are very nice if you want to use the facilities.

We only stay here now on our trips to PF. We will be there at Christmas.
love2rvcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #13

We go up there about twice a month. Yes, Up the Creek is nice. We used to stay there all the time. The sites are gravel, but relatively flat. They are roomy and have mature trees around them. The only thing that put us off is the "minimum" stay they require. We usually go for 2 or 3 nights. Another great park is Cove Creek RV Resort. Mostly all concrete pads, well manicures, with a brand new shower house and pool area. It is located between PF and Townsend in Wears Valley. No traffic or noise to deal with there, plus a great mountain view. Operators are super nice and accommodating and live on premise.
Wumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #14

We stayed at Pigeon Forge Campgrounds | Camping Pigeon Forge TN | Campgrounds in Pigeon Forge in Pigeon Forge last year and loved it.....trolley goes right through the campground!
Old 01-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #15

Jumping in late!

I know you posted this months ago but I just came across it. We stayed at Up The Creek in March of 2012 and LOVED it!! We were in either site 5, 6, or 7. there were only a handful of campers at that time of year and our 4 kids had a blast in the creek, etc.
We were traveling again in June 2013 and I made a special effort to stay there again. The only site that we could get was either #19 or #20 (I think it was #20). It was not the pleasant experience of the year before. The site was nice enough but the fire pit was not exactly "in" our site. My husband had flown home and I had all 5 of my kids with me. We started a campfire and were cooking hot dogs and corn but it was dark and there was no light or table near the fire. It was kind of in the bushes with lots of bugs. Just not suitable to enjoyment at all.
I'm sure most of the other sites are great but I was surely disappointed in the last stay.
I think we would only return if we knew the site was a creekside one again.
ofranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #16
RECAT

We have visted Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg twice. We stayed at the Creek Side RV park in Pigeon Forge - it quiet nice sites and on the Trolley route so you do not have to drive and worry about parking. In Gatlinburg we stayed at the Camping in the Smokies rv park All so quiet, nice and on the Trolley route.
2014 COLUMBUS 320RS
WAR EAGLE !!
REBCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #17

We LOVE Pine Mtn RV Park. We have stayed at most of them in the area over the course of ten years. It is just off the parkway behind a knoll, so it blocks the noise, you are right in the center of town
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #18

We have stayed at "up the Creek" and it is beautiful! Very quiet and calm. We have also stayed at "Bears Cove" and it was also nice. Both are very different from one another, though. Bears cove has two pools, and nice shower houses. Up the Creek has no pool and no shower house. Bears cove is also very close to Dollywood and you can see the nightly fireworks from the top of the hill. That brings with it some noise and quite a bit more traffic getting to and from your site. If you are looking for something off the beaten path - go to Up the Creek. If you want to be more in the thick of things - head toward Bears Cove.
dleighb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:15 PM   #19
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleighb View Post
We have stayed at "up the Creek" and it is beautiful! Very quiet and calm. We have also stayed at "Bears Cove" and it was also nice. Both are very different from one another, though. Bears cove has two pools, and nice shower houses. Up the Creek has no pool and no shower house. Bears cove is also very close to Dollywood and you can see the nightly fireworks from the top of the hill. That brings with it some noise and quite a bit more traffic getting to and from your site. If you are looking for something off the beaten path - go to Up the Creek. If you want to be more in the thick of things - head toward Bears Cove.
X Eleventy! on the "Up The Creek" RV park. Small (35 spaces) full hook ups, and a natural creek running down each side of the park. You're allowed to fish, BTW, and they're shallow so kids and dogs play in them.

Just far enough off the beaten path to be quiet and no lights...good for star gazing! If you arrive there late at night (even with no reservations) there are packets on the bulletin board by the office/cottage. You just ante up the next morning when the owner comes by on his golf cart.

We stayed there in August and since you're up against the foothills, and with the creeks it was not miserably hot.

VERY pet friendly as well, with a fenced in dog area for off leash time.

AND, even though it's off the beaten path there's a convenience store about 1.5 miles away, for ice, etc.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:45 AM   #20

We are heading down to the area in June can anyone tell me which campgrounds have a lot of trees or shady sites. I hate open areas . Thanks

Tags
mpg