Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2015, 09:08 PM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
Pinch Pond Campgrounds near Hershey/Lancaster

Thinking about 3 nights here to visit the area and take in the Hershey RV Show. Anyone have any thoughts on the camp ground, Good, Bad, or Indifferent.

Thanks in advance aka...... Cover Dog

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 05:22 AM   #2

Pinch Pond Campgrounds near Hershey/Lancaster

We have stayed at Pinch Pond several times over the years. Our daughter attended Lebanon Valley College nearby. It's very convenient to the PA Turnpike. It's family owned and very clean.
The sites up the hill are preferred. They have 50 amps and Pull-through. We were camping in our 40' 5er and fit nicely.

2016 Surveyor 191T
2006 KZ 37KGx2
2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 CTD 325/610
Old 09-02-2015, 05:28 AM   #3

Nice campground but does suffer from road noise from the turnpike and also gun noise during the day from the gun club. Also be advise that traffic can get bad because of the Pa Renaissance Fair that time of year, mostly in the morning as everyone arrives. For a good place to eat try Devine Swine right on 72 across from the fair. Most likely under a 30 minute ride to the rv show from there, enjoy.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:56 PM   #4

Pa good Sam's are having their State Samboree just up the road at the Lebanon Fair grounds. $110 for 3 nights of camping electric and water and dump station. They will have activities if you get board at the show. Only downfall is that you must be a Good Sam member. I will be there on Thursday and departing on Sunday.
2014 196
2015 146
2016 101
Haul-a-Fifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:56 PM   #5

We stayed at Pinch Pond for 3 nights a few weeks ago. It is not a bad place. The biggest issue I had was the proximity to I-76. It is visible and audible from the campground. Facilities were a little older, but everything was very clean and the staff were pretty friendly. It was also pretty easy to get in and out of the campground towing a 30 footer. I'd go back again and I would not shy someone away from camping there. My biggest dislike was the fact that you can hear every car on the turnpike but on the flip side you can get onto the turnpike quickly from there. You should also check to see if the Hershey KOA has sites available. I did 5 nights there this summer and that campground is beautiful. Well run, very manicured, staff were friendly, and the sites were nice and level. Both are nice places and I would return to either. While you are out there, head over to The Vineyards at Hershey (Home - The Vineyard and Brewery at Hershey) - I used to work with one of the owners, he is building something special up there, they are churning out some great wine and beer....they currently have whoopie pie beer on tap.
stantyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:18 PM   #6

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
Thanks to all that have responded, we have friends in the Carlisle area and have booked our stay at the Western Village RV park.

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg