Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2022, 04:08 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
And I interpret what Chuck is implying completely different:
Since there are a few folks who insist that the RV park suggestion of no alcohol means none in possession or being used inside/outside your RV, I think Chuck is asking if they interpret every suggestion/rule/law so rigidly. Do you NEVER exceed the speed limit? Do you throw out the milk on the expire date? Do you always tithe 10% of your income to a church, and on and on.
Many rules are open to different interpretations, even by the folks that enforce them.
If folks see everything so rigidly, only black and white, then their thinking and life is very different from mine.
I interpret the no alcohol suggestion to mean no obvious alcohol use, and definitely no misuse and intoxication. And every RV park that I have been to with that rule agree with that interpretation.
I also rarely drive the exact speed limit. When not towing I always set the cruise on 78 in a 75. Never had a LEO disagree with my choice.
I keep food and medications after the suggested expire date.
So do all the folks in this thread who interpret the no alcohol suggestion so rigidly stop their RV at the entrance and toss out the alcohol stored in the RV to be in compliance?
Rule interpretations can be totally different, but still be correct.
It`s useless to argue with this type. What you guys need to get is one of these signs and put it out front so people will know to pick another site farther away. I guess it was born from another outing we had with clowns drinking and making noise half the night.
Attached Images

Resse Goose box hitch, Mor/Ryde SRE 4000, X Factors, shocks... real smooth ride
BSHGTO is offline   Reply
Old 07-12-2022, 04:14 PM   #42
Part-Time Campground Host

It's after 1700 in the east. Time for an AB. And yep we are camping.
Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1689
cboss is offline   Reply
Old 07-12-2022, 08:12 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
And I interpret what Chuck is implying completely different:
Since there are a few folks who insist that the RV park suggestion of no alcohol means none in possession or being used inside/outside your RV, I think Chuck is asking if they interpret every suggestion/rule/law so rigidly. Do you NEVER exceed the speed limit? Do you throw out the milk on the expire date? Do you always tithe 10% of your income to a church, and on and on.
Many rules are open to different interpretations, even by the folks that enforce them.
If folks see everything so rigidly, only black and white, then their thinking and life is very different from mine.
I interpret the no alcohol suggestion to mean no obvious alcohol use, and definitely no misuse and intoxication. And every RV park that I have been to with that rule agree with that interpretation.
I also rarely drive the exact speed limit. When not towing I always set the cruise on 78 in a 75. Never had a LEO disagree with my choice.
I keep food and medications after the suggested expire date.
So do all the folks in this thread who interpret the no alcohol suggestion so rigidly stop their RV at the entrance and toss out the alcohol stored in the RV to be in compliance?
Rule interpretations can be totally different, but still be correct.
Tellingly, you interpret those "interpretable" rules in the way that best suits your desires. Hmmm.

Funny how now it's a "suggestion". Is it listed in the "Suggestions" section of the campground rules?

Consider this - Somebody, who had the authority to do so, sat down and wrote the rules for that campground. With the entirety of the English language at their disposal, they literally had the option of every level of nuance. They could have written the rule exactly in the way you have interpreted it.

But they didn't.

They chose "no alcohol". They could have said "no obvious alcohol". But they didn't. They could have said "no misuse or intoxication". But they didn't.

How much plainer would they have to make it? And how would they need to word it for you to decide that it's not just a "suggestion"?

Are you this tolerant of others when they violate the quiet time "suggestion"?

Finally, since I am sure that the response will be to attack *me*, rather than answer some very straightforward questions - I *like* to have a glass of wine a few times a month, or sip on a nice Canadian whisky with my friends. But if I am planning to do either of those things while camping, I don't go to a campground that doesn't allow it. Easy peasy, lemon squeezey!

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is offline   Reply
Old 07-12-2022, 09:09 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf View Post
Tellingly, you interpret those "interpretable" rules in the way that best suits your desires. Hmmm.

Funny how now it's a "suggestion". Is it listed in the "Suggestions" section of the campground rules?

Consider this - Somebody, who had the authority to do so, sat down and wrote the rules for that campground. With the entirety of the English language at their disposal, they literally had the option of every level of nuance. They could have written the rule exactly in the way you have interpreted it.

But they didn't.

They chose "no alcohol". They could have said "no obvious alcohol". But they didn't. They could have said "no misuse or intoxication". But they didn't.

How much plainer would they have to make it? And how would they need to word it for you to decide that it's not just a "suggestion"?

Are you this tolerant of others when they violate the quiet time "suggestion"?

Finally, since I am sure that the response will be to attack *me*, rather than answer some very straightforward questions - I *like* to have a glass of wine a few times a month, or sip on a nice Canadian whisky with my friends. But if I am planning to do either of those things while camping, I don't go to a campground that doesn't allow it. Easy peasy, lemon squeezey!
Again, I interpret the campground 'rule' differently than you. Inside my personal RV, and in my rented RV slot, the 'rule' is merely a suggestion.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply
Old 07-12-2022, 09:11 PM   #45
Site Team

OK, this is just becoming a circle thing. Nothing new is being added. Putting this one to bed.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2034551

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply
Closed Thread

Tags
question