Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2020, 06:09 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGO Bill View Post
The Great outdoors is a great place on the east coast and its near Cape Canaveral . You might see a rocket go off as they seem to be shooting them up more often now. You can go to ; TGORESORT on line and check it out

I am looking in the area of Titusville.
I do like it being close to Cape Canaveral.

Your resort has more house along with RV sites.
No what I was looking for.

Appreciate the input.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, Enjoy Camping.
KEN9XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 06:10 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurlyAl View Post
El Govenor Mexico Beach!!! Mexico Beach appears to be recovering nicely since Hurricane Michael two years ago but at one point a year ago, the whole town was an RV Park.

Mexico Beach from what I can see is in the Panhandle and too far North.
Thanks Anyways

Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, Enjoy Camping
Old 12-02-2020, 06:19 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin in the woods View Post
I think the best move is to pick one of the spots that meets some of the criteria, declare it to be The Place, and go have fun.

Somehow I am getting to that point.
It must be Miller Time somewhere.

Cheers!

Old 12-02-2020, 06:30 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
Fort myers beach rv resort has openings now and some availability for the whole season . it's in a great area very close to sanibel island and fort myers beach. a lot depends on budget the red coconut is right on the beach and you pay for it .

Hm! Wondering. I just may have to do some more research of campgrounds in the Fort Meyers area, along with Cape Canaveral area, Panama Beach area, Fort Lauderdale area, and so on.

Plenty of suggestions and ideas for me to work with.

Appreciate the input.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:32 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmann32 View Post
The needle may not be there either!

How right you are.

Old 12-02-2020, 06:38 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf View Post
Generally speaking, "hotels" usually have interior hallways and room entrances, while "motels" will have room doors opening to outside - either directly to the parking lot, or to a shared walkway with stairs to the lot.

Motel was originally a contraction of "motor" and "hotel", and grew up around the increasing connection between Americans and their cars. At one time, it was a "feature" to have direct access to the parking lot!

Wow! Thank-you for educating me or should I say, thank you for educating someone who thought they knew it all. LOL!!!

Alright, so if I was in a high rise, it had to be a hotel.
Or would it be? See, I can confuse myself without any help.

Old 12-02-2020, 06:47 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifestylers View Post
What was there a really fine looking lady there? She is now 10 years older and no telling if time was kind..Florida has so many campgrounds. Just wait until late spring after snowbirds leave and just start driving, you may get lucky and trip over the long ago spot. You will have to wait until snow thaws in most cases to get a spot in FL

Unfortunately I can't say it was a good looking lady I was trying to find.
In my eyes, I was already with one.
Thanks for the excuse anyways.

Yep! Due to this dam covid virus, I stayed put in New England this year. Hoping to jump start 2021 in late March, go to Georgia for starters (Creek Fire RV Resort), then continue towards Florida, hopefully as the snowbirds head north. May have to drop the TT somewhere and go on some scenic tours.

Old 12-02-2020, 09:38 PM   #48

Check out Holiday RV Village in Leesburg on county road 33. Love the place and close to both Gulf and Pacific coasts.
mrlessonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:50 PM   #49

The OP's request reminds me of that Billy Joel song...

"He says son can you play me a memory?
I'm not really sure how it goes
But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete
When I wore a younger man's clothes."
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:15 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN9XL View Post
YES, you are 100% correct.
Thank you for the laugh. Much appreciated.

What, you mean our brains as we get older do not function as a computer and store lots of information. If so, mine has lots of errors and is losing data.

To fix that, my DW suggested I try taking Ginko Biloba supplement to help with memory....so, I did!
Only 1 problem.....kept forgetting to take it!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:54 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Your description details are as vague as anyone trying to tell you where they attended Woodstock.

Memory short or damaged?
So happy to have supplied a drunken sailor a good laugh. Or a vomiting smile.
mrlessonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:52 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
The OP's request reminds me of that Billy Joel song...

"He says son can you play me a memory?
I'm not really sure how it goes
But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete
When I wore a younger man's clothes."

OK! Thank-you! Billy Joel's Piano Man
I would say that song fits me perfectly at this time.
Old 12-03-2020, 01:02 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlessonman View Post
Check out Holiday RV Village in Leesburg on county road 33. Love the place and close to both Gulf and Pacific coasts.

I appreciate the information. It does look like a nice resort, over 55 on lakes.
Maybe that means very little activity for kids, other than grandkids visiting.
My type of environment.

Surrounded by all those lakes, how do they keep the alligator population in check so community is safe?

Unfortunately, the place I am looking for is definitely on the ocean.
Walk out of camper or motel, see the sand and water, walk a few feet and you are there, no driving.

Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, Enjoy the Camping Experience.
Old 12-03-2020, 01:10 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
To fix that, my DW suggested I try taking Ginko Biloba supplement to help with memory....so, I did!
Only 1 problem.....kept forgetting to take it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlessonman View Post
So happy to have supplied a drunken sailor a good laugh. Or a vomiting smile.

rracer5 & mrlessonman

I appreciate the humor, especially this time of season topped by Covid virus, both of which cause stress in people's life.

Best to Both of you this Holiday Season -
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, Enjoy the Camping Experience.
Old 12-07-2020, 08:26 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN9XL View Post
Need some help possibly locating a Town or Campground in Florida.
OK! Myself, not being from or living in Florida doesn't help.

My wife and I traveled one year minus the camper to an unknown part of Florida. We stayed at a hotel/motel which was on a beach and next door was a good size RV park. A small restaurant was on location between both and walking distance between hotel and RV park.

I know this is not much information to go on, but we would love to travel there with our RV and stay at the described location. Really was nice setup.

I have searched Florida campgrounds and Towns online, viewing there accommodations and surroundings and have had no luck. Just hoping someone out there can help point me in the right direction.

Any ideas or suggestions in Florida as to the town or campground would help. Yes, I am reaching by asking for the campground, but wish to see if anyone knows of such a place. Thank-you in advance for any leads.

Any help would be better than me tearing my hair out. Bad enough it is thinning, don't need to lose any more. LOL!!!
Living in Florida and trying to find campgrounds that are available in the winter months are almost impossible. Most times northerns book a year in advance for the next year when they find a spot they like. State Parks are impossible for sure. You will probably on find a private campground. I personally like Compass Sun Resort in St. Augustine. Not sure of their openings but nice place with pool, activities and clean and nice sites. Close to downtown as well.
Old 12-07-2020, 08:43 PM   #56
LUM

Glen Haven Chancey Road Zephryhills Florida
LUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:03 PM   #57

Florida hunting

[QUOTE=KEN9XL;2459344]Need some help possibly locating a Town or Campground in Florida.
OK! Myself, not being from or living in Florida doesn't help.

My wife and I traveled one year minus the camper to an unknown part of Florida. We stayed at a hotel/motel which was on a beach and next door was a good size RV park. A small restaurant was on location between both and walking distance between hotel and RV park.

I know this is not much information to go on, but we would love to travel there with our RV and stay at the described location. Really was nice setup.

I have searched Florida campgrounds and Towns online, viewing there accommodations and surroundings and have had no luck. Just hoping someone out there can help point me in the right direction.

Any ideas or suggestions in Florida as to the town or campground would help. Yes, I am reaching by asking for the campground, but wish to see if anyone knows of such a place. Thank-you in advance for any leads.

Any help would be better than me tearing my hair out. Bad enough it is thinning, don't need to lose any more. LOL!!! [/QUOTE

Do you still have a record of the hotel (s) you stayed at? If so, that will narrow your search. If you stayed in Ft Myers there are a few CG’s nearby. One is Ft Myers Beach RV resort. Check out the Encore CG’s near there. Some are close to the beach, others on. Good luck!
Pappygil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:06 PM   #58

We were looking at Stagecoach, Compass, and North Beach Resort near St Augustine - settled on North Beach this time around. This trip is without the kids otherwise we would have gone to Compass. It reminded us of Creek Fire that place was really nice for the family. It's still under construction the expansion was going to transform it into Disney look forward to going back in the future.
Usernamenotavailable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:23 PM   #59

Beaches on the East coast vary from yellow to tan to gray. I don't recall seeing any white sand on the East coast. Jetty Park sand is gray. Flagler Beach is shell dredged from the ocean bottom as are most of the beaches South of Lake Worth. White sand is pretty common on the West coast. Siesta Key is quite possibly the whitest. Panhandle (e.g. Panama City Beach, Mexico Beach) and FMB are not quite as white. St. Pete is maybe only slightly less white than Siesta Key. Don't know if that helps much.

No trees were harmed while sending this message;
however, a rather large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

TT: 2018 Surveyor 243RBS TV:2019 F-250 XLT 6.2L 4x4 Crew Cab
mawilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:13 PM   #60

I don't this it was Coral Sands in Ormond Beach. I stayed there 2 years ago and I don't remember a restaurant in the RV park and it was not that big. It was right next to the beach and there is a hotel there. I could be wrong though.
Japwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, florida, location