Old 02-26-2019, 01:59 PM   #1

Reelfoot Campgrounds and Fishing

Hello all,

A few of my buddies, brother-in-law, and I are planning a fishing trip this summer to Reelfoot Lake in TN. In the past we have stayed in bunkhouses in Samburg, but we are considering taking my TT down and staying at a campground and renting a couple of boats for fishing nearby.

Does anyone have any recommendations on campgrounds for TTs (electric and water preferred- sewer a bonus) that are near fishing rentals?

Also, I took a look online at the Reelfoot Lake Campgrounds; if anyone has any opinions on sites for that time of the year please feel free to respond or PM me. Thank you for thoughts and suggestions!
TT: 2011 Coachmen 28DDS
GreenHorn Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:51 AM   #2

We frequent the Reelfoot Lake State Campground as it is only 20 minutes from our home. There are only two campgrounds that I know of at Reelfoot Lake. Both are state park campgrounds..the North (Airpark) and the South campground.

We prefer the South campground as it is a little larger and directly on the lake. There are a dozen or so sites directly on the lake...views are nice and relaxing. I believe the entire South campground has electric and water. They only have two sites with sewer. Bath houses are clean and the campground as a whole is well maintained. Be ready to feed some squirrels...they're friendly and unafraid!

As far as sites...14 through 17 are our favorites...all directly on the water. Others are as well, but those have nice views and are directly across from the bath house.

The North (Airpark) campground is away from most of the "action" on Reelfoot and is kind of out of the way. It didn't appeal to us when we checked it out.

You can reserve sites for either online. Just google "Reelfoot Lake Campground reservations" and it should be one of the top hits.

Hope this helps...let me know if I can answer any more questions.
HappyCamperTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:04 AM   #3

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamperTN View Post
We frequent the Reelfoot Lake State Campground as it is only 20 minutes from our home. There are only two campgrounds that I know of at Reelfoot Lake. Both are state park campgrounds..the North (Airpark) and the South campground.

We prefer the South campground as it is a little larger and directly on the lake. There are a dozen or so sites directly on the lake...views are nice and relaxing. I believe the entire South campground has electric and water. They only have two sites with sewer. Bath houses are clean and the campground as a whole is well maintained. Be ready to feed some squirrels...they're friendly and unafraid!

As far as sites...14 through 17 are our favorites...all directly on the water. Others are as well, but those have nice views and are directly across from the bath house.

The North (Airpark) campground is away from most of the "action" on Reelfoot and is kind of out of the way. It didn't appeal to us when we checked it out.

You can reserve sites for either online. Just google "Reelfoot Lake Campground reservations" and it should be one of the top hits.

Hope this helps...let me know if I can answer any more questions.
Thank you so much for all the information! I really appreciate the advice on the park and the specific sites! If we have any other questions I will definitely reach out to you!
TT: 2011 Coachmen 28DDS
GreenHorn Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground, mpg