Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2020, 04:51 PM   #21
Retired Panpsychist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickY View Post
Theo - if you get any spectacular water falls photos and don't mind sharing please PM me for my email … I'd love to have some memories of my old stomping grounds ...
I’ll plan to post a link to the photos in this thread soon after our return. We’re going in May so look for the link by the beginning of June.

Also, for those folks looking to visit TSP, there are only 11 electric sites and all but 3 had already been reserved by the end of December for our May timeframe! Kinda like booking the Keys or Yellowstone.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 11:37 AM   #22
Retired Panpsychist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Camper View Post
We have camped on site #11 several years in a row for a week leading into Labor Day. Site #11 is directly below site #1 and share the same electric post and water spigot...{snip}
Hey JP,

I have at least 50' of water hose and about 50' of 30A cable. will that be enough to stretch from Site #1 downhill to the electrical box and the water spigot? I don't plan on keeping the hose connected, however.

TIA

2007 GoldenDoodle ("Cooper") R.I.P.
2020 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2015 F-150 4WD XLT SCab, 5.0L, 3.73, 36gal, HD Towing Pkg (53A), 1,980lb Payload
Old 01-20-2020, 10:09 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgbalogh View Post
Love this campground it's been many years since I've been there. Driving through the stream to the campsite is cool. This might be a helpful website if you haven't already checked it out. Dave McGrath does a great job of posting most campgrounds in New York State. Love Ithaca NY BTW

https://www.campadk.com/campsitephot...+Treman/site/1
You no longer drive through the steam the dam just below the drive area washed out a few years back and was receding up river river getting closer to the road area, bottom line is they built a bridge, I'm with you it was always fun to drive through the water.
skipatroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
We're going to the Robert H. Treman State Park near Ithaca, NY this May for our niece's graduation. The area looks to be an excellent area for hiking and exploring the waterfalls along the Enfield River!

Have any of you spent time there? If so, we'd love to know more about your experiences in the park. We were able to snag Site #1 (electric site) and it looks like the Roo and the TV will be able to fit there.

Thanks in advance for your replies!
I have been going to this park since I was 5 years old, I'm now 58. As stated in many of the other replies there is a lot to do. In town there is pretty much anyplace you will need to get groceries and supplies.

In regards to your site you will not have any problem getting your Roo in and set up, you are on the elevated side so when you look like you are driving up a road to nowhere you are going in the right direction, your site will be the first one on the right. In regards to the water, be a friendly camper by disconnecting from the spigot, it is the only water supply that services 6 to 8 sites, it is designed as a fill and disconnect system.
skipatroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 07:22 AM   #25

As someone said above, don't overlook the Gorge at Watkins Glen. Spectacular hike, and while you're in the area, you can check out the falls at Montour Falls, just a couple of miles south of there. The whole southern end of Seneca Lake is beautiful, and Watkins Glen is a town to be explored. Lots of good restaurants and shopping!
DBigbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 07:54 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Hey JP,

I have at least 50' of water hose and about 50' of 30A cable. will that be enough to stretch from Site #1 downhill to the electrical box and the water spigot? I don't plan on keeping the hose connected, however.

TIA
That’s more than enough.
JP Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 07:56 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipatroller View Post
I have been going to this park since I was 5 years old, I'm now 58. As stated in many of the other replies there is a lot to do. In town there is pretty much anyplace you will need to get groceries and supplies.

In regards to your site you will not have any problem getting your Roo in and set up, you are on the elevated side so when you look like you are driving up a road to nowhere you are going in the right direction, your site will be the first one on the right. In regards to the water, be a friendly camper by disconnecting from the spigot, it is the only water supply that services 6 to 8 sites, it is designed as a fill and disconnect system.
There are at least three spigots along that area, site #1 has one directly below it beside site. #11
JP Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 01:44 PM   #28
Retired Panpsychist

Thanks, all!

2007 GoldenDoodle ("Cooper") R.I.P.
2020 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2015 F-150 4WD XLT SCab, 5.0L, 3.73, 36gal, HD Towing Pkg (53A), 1,980lb Payload
Old 01-22-2020, 04:45 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBigbee View Post
As someone said above, don't overlook the Gorge at Watkins Glen. Spectacular hike, and while you're in the area, you can check out the falls at Montour Falls, just a couple of miles south of there. The whole southern end of Seneca Lake is beautiful, and Watkins Glen is a town to be explored. Lots of good restaurants and shopping!
Jerlandos is a great place to eat in Watkins Glen. https://jerlandospizza.com/

Another great place to stop.
https://www.senecacheesecompany.com/
Hensley Hitch
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote