Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2015, 09:32 PM   #1

Rockport Maine

We're looking to head up to Rockport this summer and I'd like to get some idea's on nice campgrounds where ya'll have stayed. My fiver is perty long @ 38' triple slide.
We don't have yunguns any longer so family oriented isn't necessary. Thanks in advance.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:26 PM   #2

Wow. No one has camped around there in Maine...Oh well.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:09 PM   #3

Maine camping

Lobster Buoy is in Thomaston near Rockport. Also Lake Pemequid. We have stayed there.
http://www.lakepemaquid.com/

http://lobsterbuoycampsites.wix.com/...rbuoycampsites
Bob z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:59 AM   #4

RattleNsmoke-

I was hoping to get some ideas from this thread as well.... we are heading to Acadia/Mt Washington/Boston this August...

Tips and suggestions from other members that have been there...done that are usually the best info...Just like your recommendations for us last year on OBX (Sunset Grill and Waves CG)... Thank You!

One tip I did find is Waterman’s Lobster House located in South Thomaston, Maine. Supposedly rated as one of the best.

It is a short drive to the south of where you are looking to stay. From Google Map, the roadway and parking lot do not look truck and trailer friendly...

Safe travels-

Dieselbobcat

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
2020 F350 Powerstroke Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:18 PM   #5

Hey Dieselbobcat, Thanks for the reply. I think Wifey and I are going to switch mental gears and head south.....back to OBX and Ocean Waves in July. Go into www.rvreviews.com and check out many sites in that area. We really liked Bass harbor up in Acadia. they have crap reviews tho, but we had one of the best camping trips ever there. Mike, who owns\owned the place 10 years ago couldn't have been more friendly.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:57 PM   #6

My wife and I stayed at Hid'n Pines in Old Orchard Beach this past year. Very quiet campground that is a great location for sightseeing in the area. Close drive to Portland and Rockport. Close walk to the beach and an amusement park. We're talking about going back again this year!
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:25 PM   #7

RattleNsmoke-

I think if we head back to the OBX agian we are destined for the Cape Hatteras national park or the national park on Ocracoke... Waves CG was cool and we enjoyed our stay... but nothing beats the National Seashore... ORV pass and drive the beach until there are no more people... we found ourselves heading 15 miles south almost every day to get closer to the Lighthouse beaches... I would bring my EU6500, my blue tote on wheels and water bladder - do a daily run for grey dumping and freshwater fillups. We drove through the Cape Hatteras CG a half dozen times while there and if there were 25 sites out of 225 occupied it was alot...Ocracoke is even better!

As for Acadia- we are looking at Bar Harbor CG... planning on rolling into town on a Tuesday and hoping we can get a prime site after the weekend crowds leave... Doing Minuteman CG for a couple days before that...

Where are you in W CT btw? I am planning on a couple of early trips in the season... Maybe catch you for a beer... Going to Odetah, Croton Point Park, Margaret Lewis Norrie State Park and North South Lake...

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
2020 F350 Powerstroke Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:48 AM   #8

Can't go wrong with Bar Harbor Campground. Family run, close to town and Acadia and at least half the price of the corp. parks in the area.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:28 PM   #9

Maine

Can definately recommend Bar Harbor campground. Had a great stay there last fall and we plan to be back there this coming September. We also stayed at the KOA in Saco and it was nice but as with most KOAs was a little costlier than others around there (had a coupon for a free night with another paid night). Looked at Baileys in Old Orchard Beach (recommended by someone on here) and will stay there if we go through that area again

Other Motorhome

2013 F-150 Eco-Boost V6
mrmichael is offline   Reply With Quote