Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2021, 05:59 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 182
Route to Vogel State Park, Ga

What is the best route from SW GEORGIA to Vogel State Park. TV 2016 Tundra CM 5.7 with tow package. 21 FBRS, cat scale at 4,400 lb.
__________________
I wished Id gone camping sooner in life.
Traveling Circus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:17 PM   #2
Wanderluster
 
JACA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: IL
Posts: 166
Get on I-85 north, then from downtown, get on GA-400/19 north, and head straight north until you get to Vogel SP.
__________________
John and Anita (Both Retired US Army/Law Enforcement)
Dynaquest 340XL (AKA Mobile Command Post)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
www.instagram.com/operation.wanderlust
JACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:18 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,266
well, what do you mean? from where you ARE now? or just trying to avoid 'Atlanta'? or just the roads closer to the park??
__________________
The Turners...
'07 Rockwood Signature Ultralight...
two Campers and two Electric cars : )
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:27 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,266
oh, and while you're in North Georgia, very North Georgia, also visit BLACK ROCK MOUNTAIN State Park, the highest campground in Georgia... AMICALOLA FALLS State Park, the 'toughest' drive UP to a campground!... and, if you're really ready for a Treat, try the CLOUDLAND CANYON State Park campground, where you'll be so close to Views like NO WHERE ELSE in this state!

of course, if you just want a nice 'ride' thru the countryside while in VOGEL, travel to Helen, then North to Hiawassee - weeeeeee!!!!
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:11 PM   #5
Member
 
Rango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Tallahassee, Fl
Posts: 61
You want to come down Hwy 19 from Blairsville, you do not want to pull up 19 from the south because it is a bit tight and winding.
__________________
Bob and Kim
Macy
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali Duramax Diesel
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Rango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:25 PM   #6
Fla5er
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: DeLand, Florida
Posts: 96
Agree with Rango: 19 from the south is very much a twist/turn steep experience because of the mountains. Beautiful drive though. I know because I've been camping there since I was in diapers (with my parents). You'll really like the park!
Have fun and be safe!
Jimmy James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:31 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
well, what do you mean? from where you ARE now? or just trying to avoid 'Atlanta'? or just the roads closer to the park??


Tallahassee, FL. Google maps offer a couple of routes, just curious about others experiences and opinions. Yes, I hate driving anywhere near Atlanta. Valdosta is close enough.
__________________
I wished Id gone camping sooner in life.
Traveling Circus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:41 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
oh, and while you're in North Georgia, very North Georgia, also visit BLACK ROCK MOUNTAIN State Park, the highest campground in Georgia... AMICALOLA FALLS State Park, the 'toughest' drive UP to a campground!... and, if you're really ready for a Treat, try the CLOUDLAND CANYON State Park campground, where you'll be so close to Views like NO WHERE ELSE in this state!

of course, if you just want a nice 'ride' thru the countryside while in VOGEL, travel to Helen, then North to Hiawassee - weeeeeee!!!!


We camped at Tallulah Gorge State Park last June. Loved it, except for the 25,000 steps, lol. Made a recon trip to Black Rock Mtn, beautiful. But I wont be towing the camper up that road. Actually had reservation for a cabin later this year. Unfortunately, they are remodeling the cabins and our reservation was cancelled. Been to Helen, no thanks. Hiawassee was spectacular. Bell Mountain, wow, what a view! Heading to Cloudland in a few weeks. Looking forward to that. In the planning stages for a Vogel camping trip.
__________________
I wished Id gone camping sooner in life.
Traveling Circus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:42 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
You want to come down Hwy 19 from Blairsville, you do not want to pull up 19 from the south because it is a bit tight and winding.


Thanks, that is what I was wondering.
__________________
I wished Id gone camping sooner in life.
Traveling Circus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:43 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy James View Post
Agree with Rango: 19 from the south is very much a twist/turn steep experience because of the mountains. Beautiful drive though. I know because I've been camping there since I was in diapers (with my parents). You'll really like the park!
Have fun and be safe!


Thanks, good advice
__________________
I wished Id gone camping sooner in life.
Traveling Circus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:36 PM   #11
Fla5er
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: DeLand, Florida
Posts: 96
Actually, U.S. 19 is also U.S. 129 in either direction to Vogel State Park and is the same pavement. However 19/129 is steep and twisty through the mountains, so try to approach Vogel from Blairsville. The entrance to Vogel is also tight so be careful descending to the park.
Jimmy James is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.