Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2021, 05:59 PM   #1

Route to Vogel State Park, Ga

What is the best route from SW GEORGIA to Vogel State Park. TV 2016 Tundra CM 5.7 with tow package. 21 FBRS, cat scale at 4,400 lb.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:17 PM   #2
Wanderluster

Get on I-85 north, then from downtown, get on GA-400/19 north, and head straight north until you get to Vogel SP.
www.instagram.com/operation.wanderlust
JACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:18 PM   #3

well, what do you mean? from where you ARE now? or just trying to avoid 'Atlanta'? or just the roads closer to the park??
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:27 PM   #4

oh, and while you're in North Georgia, very North Georgia, also visit BLACK ROCK MOUNTAIN State Park, the highest campground in Georgia... AMICALOLA FALLS State Park, the 'toughest' drive UP to a campground!... and, if you're really ready for a Treat, try the CLOUDLAND CANYON State Park campground, where you'll be so close to Views like NO WHERE ELSE in this state!

of course, if you just want a nice 'ride' thru the countryside while in VOGEL, travel to Helen, then North to Hiawassee - weeeeeee!!!!
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:11 PM   #5

You want to come down Hwy 19 from Blairsville, you do not want to pull up 19 from the south because it is a bit tight and winding.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Rango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:25 PM   #6
Fla5er

Agree with Rango: 19 from the south is very much a twist/turn steep experience because of the mountains. Beautiful drive though. I know because I've been camping there since I was in diapers (with my parents). You'll really like the park!
Have fun and be safe!
Jimmy James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
well, what do you mean? from where you ARE now? or just trying to avoid 'Atlanta'? or just the roads closer to the park??

Tallahassee, FL. Google maps offer a couple of routes, just curious about others experiences and opinions. Yes, I hate driving anywhere near Atlanta. Valdosta is close enough.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
oh, and while you're in North Georgia, very North Georgia, also visit BLACK ROCK MOUNTAIN State Park, the highest campground in Georgia... AMICALOLA FALLS State Park, the 'toughest' drive UP to a campground!... and, if you're really ready for a Treat, try the CLOUDLAND CANYON State Park campground, where you'll be so close to Views like NO WHERE ELSE in this state!

of course, if you just want a nice 'ride' thru the countryside while in VOGEL, travel to Helen, then North to Hiawassee - weeeeeee!!!!

We camped at Tallulah Gorge State Park last June. Loved it, except for the 25,000 steps, lol. Made a recon trip to Black Rock Mtn, beautiful. But I wont be towing the camper up that road. Actually had reservation for a cabin later this year. Unfortunately, they are remodeling the cabins and our reservation was cancelled. Been to Helen, no thanks. Hiawassee was spectacular. Bell Mountain, wow, what a view! Heading to Cloudland in a few weeks. Looking forward to that. In the planning stages for a Vogel camping trip.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
You want to come down Hwy 19 from Blairsville, you do not want to pull up 19 from the south because it is a bit tight and winding.

Thanks, that is what I was wondering.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy James View Post
Agree with Rango: 19 from the south is very much a twist/turn steep experience because of the mountains. Beautiful drive though. I know because I've been camping there since I was in diapers (with my parents). You'll really like the park!
Have fun and be safe!

Thanks, good advice
Old 05-13-2021, 06:36 PM   #11
Fla5er

Actually, U.S. 19 is also U.S. 129 in either direction to Vogel State Park and is the same pavement. However 19/129 is steep and twisty through the mountains, so try to approach Vogel from Blairsville. The entrance to Vogel is also tight so be careful descending to the park.
Jimmy James is offline   Reply With Quote