Old 01-02-2020, 01:34 PM   #1

Routing: Florida City area to Everglades/Flamingo

We have reservations in place for Flamingo Campground at Everglades NP. I'm looking for advice from experienced travelers who have navigated through the Florida City area to get to the park. I have been through Florida City in a non-towing situation. My recall is some intersections are congested. (imagine that in Florida) We have a 38 ft. fifth wheel. The itinerary will start from the Naples area so we tentatively plan to approach the Florida City area by coming in on Tamiami Trail/US 41 to FL 997/Krome Ave. I would appreciate any directions and insight one can share.
WalterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:16 PM   #2
OYO

We've made that trip in the opposite direction for the last two years heading north from the Keys. Fl City isn't as bad as I had feared. You just can't be in a hurry, but no major traffic.

Tamiami is a neat drive, just be aware of people slamming on their brakes stopping at the tourist traps.

Craig
OYO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:08 PM   #3

Iím not sure the exact roads we took from Punta Gorda to get there but I donít remember Homesteadís streets being all that bad. It is a 38 mile inside the park drive back to Flamingo best I remember.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida