Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2018, 08:49 AM   #1

RV Park near Youngstown, Oh

Just passing through on the way home to PA. Will stop nearby Youngstown.

Can anyone recommend a good place for our last night? Concrete or stone pads preferred.

Thanks.
Ron

Sent from my XT1575 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Ron045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:47 AM   #2
Always Learning

Are you taking I-80 or I-76?
Old 06-29-2018, 02:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Are you taking I-80 or I-76?
Makes no difference. On 80 and going to 76.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:07 PM   #4

We ended up at Lake Milton / Berlin Lake KOA. Nice place. We did not consider that some places consider this 4th of July weekend and require multiple nights. This place had room for us to stop for the night.

Old 06-30-2018, 12:12 PM   #5

Shanango lake rec. Area

Nice Corp. Of engineers campground. Many with or without electric
davechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:38 PM   #6

West Branch park state campground

Nice campground lots of hookups and space. Also If you just want to stop and your on the Ohio turnpike the rest areas have power hook up and a dump when you leave for $20.
wolfe4656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:56 PM   #7

I'm from that area, you probably found a good one...I never stayed there but, that's because I have relatives there and when I go, I park at one of their homes, I have looked at the place you are at a lot over the years, one day I'm going to try it out. Hope you enjoy your time, and home you get a chance to look around the area. The little town called Newton Falls, about 3 miles north of where you are on that road number 534, is where i used to live, they are small but historically, their zip code is 44444, only one in the country with all five numbers are the same. All 4's. They have a really nice little DQ there, best hot dogs with chili sauce I ever ate..check them out if you can. Only 5000 people there, just barely a city by the numbers.
Retired Electrician, Miller Brewery, 31 yrs.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:17 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron045 View Post
We ended up at Lake Milton / Berlin Lake KOA. Nice place. We did not consider that some places consider this 4th of July weekend and require multiple nights. This place had room for us to stop for the night.

I ran into that planning this trip. Ended up booking at Madison KOA last night (sitting here right now) on our way to Hershey, and we’ll be doing a single night at Streetsboro KOA on the way back next weekend. Only ones in the area that I could do a single night stay at for either weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2018, 07:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
I ran into that planning this trip. Ended up booking at Madison KOA last night (sitting here right now) on our way to Hershey, and we’ll be doing a single night at Streetsboro KOA on the way back next weekend. Only ones in the area that I could do a single night stay at for either weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We just completed a 22 night trip to Yellowstone and with the exception of our main site in West Yellowstone and Grand Tetons, we were just winging it every night for places we were just passing through for the night.

It seemed like finding a place going West of Ohio was very easy. You could swing a cat by the tail and hit an RV Park or Campground along I-80.

Coming back East on I-90 was easy until we hit the WI / IL Boarder (Our last two nights). We found a Northwest Chicago KOA at 9pm and they let us in even though they were closed.

Then DW burned through her data for 4 hours in the car trying to find a place in OH the last night. Neither of us realized that campgrounds would consider this a holiday weekend and mandate a multiple night stay.

@Dalin, your town sounds charming. If we ever get back to the 44444, we'll be sure to visit the DQ.

Thanks for all the tips.
Ron