Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2018, 10:36 AM   #1

Salt Springs Recreation Area Camping

Does anybody know if camping at Salt Springs Recreation area is open and if there are any restrictions with the current government shutdown?
schumgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:42 AM   #2

Why don’t you call them? We live within an hour from there, but have no idea.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumgl View Post
Does anybody know if camping at Salt Springs Recreation area is open and if there are any restrictions with the current government shutdown?

it is open, we have friends who are there right now, ... they meet there with a small group every year Christmas to New Year, ... beautiful Florida weather, lousy cell signal, ...

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:47 AM   #4

Thanks! I had been trying to call them but kept getting a busy signal so I was getting nervous.
schumgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumgl View Post
Thanks! I had been trying to call them but kept getting a busy signal so I was getting nervous.

we met with the group in 2015, ... nice cg, good weather, saw some manatees, could have gone swimming in Dec., ... only down side was little to no cell service, ... we lived with that frustration and would certainly do it again, ...

Old 12-29-2018, 11:41 AM   #6

Salt Springs Recreation Area Camping

Our Verizon WiFi and cell service works ok at Salt Springs RA. Not enough to stream video but able to make calls and surf the web. We go there 2-3 times each year.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 01:00 PM   #7

BE AWARE... this appears on recreation dot gov site when inquiring about Salt Springs...

Quote:
Last Updated: 12:01 AM ET, Saturday, December 22, 2018
The lapse in funding for the Federal government may impact your reservation and travel plans.
Be aware that if you have an existing reservation during this lapse of funding period, and the location is not staffed, your reservation may not be honored.
We recommend that you do not make reservations for dates that fall within the lapse in funding timeframe, which begins at 12 am, Saturday, December 22 and extends for an unknown period. Some locations will remain open, while others will close. Contact those local offices to inquire about their status.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 07:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
BE AWARE... this appears on recreation dot gov site when inquiring about Salt Springs...
Quote:
Last Updated: 12:01 AM ET, Saturday, December 22, 2018
The lapse in funding for the Federal government may impact your reservation and travel plans.
Be aware that if you have an existing reservation during this lapse of funding period, and the location is not staffed, your reservation may not be honored.
We recommend that you do not make reservations for dates that fall within the lapse in funding timeframe, which begins at 12 am, Saturday, December 22 and extends for an unknown period. Some locations will remain open, while others will close. ..........

I repeat from post #3, Salt Springs is open, ... my friend sent message this afternoon, "park is almost full, but we can see a few open sites, weather is good, come on down" .... so, Salt Springs is not one of the parks that is closed, ....

Old 12-29-2018, 07:54 PM   #9

Salt Springs is run by a private contractor. They are not employees of the Government. SIL and BIL and us have reservations in two weeks. SIL called and confirmed this today.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
it is open, we have friends who are there right now, ... they meet there with a small group every year Christmas to New Year, ... beautiful Florida weather, lousy cell signal, ...
We camp there several times a year. They are open and I'm sure they are loving our 80+ degree weather. By the way Verizon gets a decent signal there. In fact I set up a hot spot and get Internet the whole time I'm there.

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping