Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2017, 08:19 AM   #1

Shenandoah Valley

We are thinking about going to the Shenandoah Valley area over Easter. My wife and I went several years ago before we started camping and we would like to take the kids and grandparents this time and stay for the week. We would be in our 30' trailer and my parents would be in their 30' motorhome. We would like to be close to Monticello. Please let me know if you have stayed in any campgrounds in the area. We would like to find a nice place to spend the week. Also let me know if there is anything that we really need to try to do why we are there. Thanks.
bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:02 AM   #2

Yogi Bear is fantastic for kids. There is a lot to do and many special activities. It is a bit expensive, but it's a very busy (better reserve early), clean, fun place.
http://campluray.com/#
Old 02-02-2017, 09:05 AM   #3

Monticello is 1.5 hrs and 90 miles from Luray.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:16 AM   #4

Yes, I just checked that. I would like to be closer to Monticello. Thanks for the info though.
bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:58 PM   #5

Misty River campground is close, clean campground. Also there is a KOA campground just outside of Charlottesville, small but nice. You can't go wrong with either. Beautiful area lots to see. The Shenandoah valley is just across Afton mountain just a short drive. Tons of things to do around Charlottesville, great winery's also.
Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:11 PM   #6

We did an overnight on our way South at Shenandoah Valley RV Park in Mt. Jackson, Va. Nice place, small but nicely laid out, clean as a whistle. Staff was very nice and accomodating. Off of Rt 81, not sure if it's close to your destination, but, it's in the neighborhood.