RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 08-31-2020, 09:34 PM   #1
Brake is on left

Single night stay near Daytona?

Supposedly the D200 is still on. We are planning on travelling down from VA in the week before. It is a roughly 14 hour drive towing. The gates won't open for us until Thursday morning (last I heard) for racers and crew. What I would like to do is get down on Wednesday and overnight somewhere in order to make the most of Thursday for bike set up and camp set up. My question to yall:
Aside from a truck stop or Wally World, is there an inexpensive place to overnight nearby? No water or power needed, as we can run on generator and FW tank.
Alternatively, near Fruitland Park works too. I would like to visit my dad and his brothers that are buried there.
Whatcha got? TIA!
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:51 PM   #2

Whatever you do, stay away from Daytona/Speedway K O A. It was the noisiest campground we ever stayed at! Between the Daytona Speedway, the airport, road construction, and traffic; it might have been a little bit quiet late, late at night. But then again, the road construction was going on mostly at night.
Boscorelli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 10:01 PM   #3
Brake is on left

Well, we kinda expect that. Lol. We spend 14 weekends a year at races. We are a rowdy bunch. I did find the KOA fees a bit high for a night. At least IMO....i basically need a place to park, walk the doggo and chat with people.
Oh, and thanks for the airport tip. That would be nice to NOT hear air traffic.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:13 AM   #4
Brake is on left

Bump!
Old 09-02-2020, 06:21 PM   #5

maybe call some of the local Church offices, they may be happy to have you for a one night stand.
tonys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:54 PM   #6
...far N Georgia!

home depot

lowes

etc
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 11:05 AM   #7

Holiday Travel Park may work for you.

http://www.holidaytravelrvpark.com/

Have not been to HTP in a few years, but have heard and suspect it is still good.

Far and away my favorite in the area is Tomoka State Park, IF you can get in. VERY NICE private sites, but a little tight for bigger rigs. It's usually full around Bike Week, but this year could be different and you might be lucky and get the single night you want. Reservations are through https://www.reserveamerica.com/, so there's that to deal with.

Nice Avatar
Old 09-03-2020, 02:37 PM   #8
Brake is on left

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys View Post
maybe call some of the local Church offices, they may be happy to have you for a one night stand.
I actually have done that when it is literally overnight only (get there late/ leave early). I'll look one up with a really big parking lot and call them ahead of time. Most are willing. This time the stop will be for the better part of the day though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
home depot

lowes

etc
I kinda lump them all in with truck stops and Wal-Mart. Not much fun to spend the day at. Lol. I should have been more specific that it was going to be a 18-20 hour stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Moon View Post
Holiday Travel Park may work for you.

http://www.holidaytravelrvpark.com/

Have not been to HTP in a few years, but have heard and suspect it is still good.

Far and away my favorite in the area is Tomoka State Park, IF you can get in. VERY NICE private sites, but a little tight for bigger rigs. It's usually full around Bike Week, but this year could be different and you might be lucky and get the single night you want. Reservations are through https://www.reserveamerica.com/, so there's that to deal with.

Nice Avatar
Thanks, the avatar photo was snapped at Virginia International Raceway.
This is probably going to work!!! The price is right and so is the location. I can probably even leave the TT there and just take the truck to Fruitland Park. I'm waiting to hear back from them as I type. Thank you so much!!
Old 09-21-2020, 08:33 AM   #9

Check out Nova Family Campground in Port Orange. Nothing fancy, but adequate with lots of water/electric and dry sites.
Trailer traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 05:20 PM   #10
Brake is on left

So some of us racers hit HTP in Bunnell. Awesome suggestion. The place was clean and folks were friendly. I had a full hook up site because of the size but didn't need one. They even let a last minute guy roll in with us for one night.
Thanks for all the suggestions.