Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2021, 04:10 PM   #1

Snowbird help in the Tampa area

We want to do the snowbird thing next winter 2021-2022 and I have begun doing research using a "Camp Florida" magazine but I could use some help. 1) we must have CG with sites large enough for 41' 5th wheel with 3 slide outs and we must have a CG that allows large dogs (80 lb. German Shepherd) We would really like a very large park where I can play cards (euchre/bridge etc) and DH would really like a park with hobby shop/crafts and we both like planned activities, side trips, kayaking. As far north as Hudson and as far south as Port Charlotte.would be OK. We really liked Sun N Fun in Sarasota but their $2100/mo was little above our budget. Any parks you'd be willing to share, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2021, 04:43 PM   #2

We are in Zephyrhills, Majestic Oaks RV Resort.

Sites are plenty large enough for your rig, I don’t know of any restrictions on dogs, there are plenty of large dogs here with some Labs and Setter or 2, I don’t think there are breed restrictions but a call to the office would be your best bet to be sure.

This in not what some consider a large park but we have good activities with cards of some sort every day, dominos, Mexican train, there is a pool table, small workout room with exercise equipment, and a pool. There is no craft or hobby shop. We do have an RC oval clay track with racing twice a week. Other activities is a bicycle group, guitar lessons and music jam sessions, cornhole on Sunday afternoons and shuffleboard weekdays. Kayaking might be available with the Hillsborough river nearby and there are launch places within a 30 to 30 minute drive but that is not something I have done so I don’t know how good it might be. We are about an hour from the beach.

Prices are what I consider quite reasonable.
2022 F150 Powerboost Hybrid.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:07 PM   #3

I have what you have a 41 foot fiver. I don't have a dog. I have stayed at the Sea and Sand that you mentioned but only for two days. It was not like they advertised. In my search for a place in south west Florida I found several that were $1,600 + per month in the winter. Good Luck
whj469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 04:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
We are in Zephyrhills, Majestic Oaks RV Resort.

Sites are plenty large enough for your rig, I don’t know of any restrictions on dogs, there are plenty of large dogs here with some Labs and Setter or 2, I don’t think there are breed restrictions but a call to the office would be your best bet to be sure.

This in not what some consider a large park but we have good activities with cards of some sort every day, dominos, Mexican train, there is a pool table, small workout room with exercise equipment, and a pool. There is no craft or hobby shop. We do have an RC oval clay track with racing twice a week. Other activities is a bicycle group, guitar lessons and music jam sessions, cornhole on Sunday afternoons and shuffleboard weekdays. Kayaking might be available with the Hillsborough river nearby and there are launch places within a 30 to 30 minute drive but that is not something I have done so I don’t know how good it might be. We are about an hour from the beach.

Prices are what I consider quite reasonable.
Thanks. We are going down for 2 weeks at Easter so we're going to try and check out a few RV parks, including this one.
Old 02-09-2021, 02:02 PM   #5

We like Bay Bayou in Tampa. Great location, excellent facilities and wonderful people.
Old 02-09-2021, 02:22 PM   #6

Try Riverside by Port Charlotte. Next to Peace River. Fills all your wants listed.
I75 and County road 769 (Kings Highway ) over 500 sites ( don't know if any open but you could check )
Paulwally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 02:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalFrog2 View Post
We want to do the snowbird thing next winter 2021-2022 and I have begun doing research using a "Camp Florida" magazine but I could use some help. 1) we must have CG with sites large enough for 41' 5th wheel with 3 slide outs and we must have a CG that allows large dogs (80 lb. German Shepherd) We would really like a very large park where I can play cards (euchre/bridge etc) and DH would really like a park with hobby shop/crafts and we both like planned activities, side trips, kayaking. As far north as Hudson and as far south as Port Charlotte.would be OK. We really liked Sun N Fun in Sarasota but their $2100/mo was little above our budget. Any parks you'd be willing to share, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Take a look at Alligator Park in Punta Gorda. Pet friendly and reasonable.
redtoport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 03:16 PM   #8

Though I've never stayed there I passed it 100s of times is Rambles RV Resort. A few folks who I knew that stayed there said lots of things to do, some you can see from River Road which is off of Route 75. Fairly large sites. A few years back I had looked into it because we were building a new house and originally was going to sell our older house but we ended up renting it out after we moved into the new house. Anyway looks nice and I though rates were reasonable. Perhaps I'm wrong maybe someone who has stayed there can give you some more insight. Wish you luck. Thanks
Great Granddaughter - Cora (2 y/o)
Great Grandson - Zek (1 y/o)
Phillip (son)/Charlotte (6 y/o)
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawac14 View Post
We like Bay Bayou in Tampa. Great location, excellent facilities and wonderful people.
Thanks. I had called them and this place is on my "short list." It must be a good place because my notes said they were "booked." But I'll follow up.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmctlc View Post
Though I've never stayed there I passed it 100s of times is Rambles RV Resort. A few folks who I knew that stayed there said lots of things to do, some you can see from River Road which is off of Route 75. Fairly large sites. A few years back I had looked into it because we were building a new house and originally was going to sell our older house but we ended up renting it out after we moved into the new house. Anyway looks nice and I though rates were reasonable. Perhaps I'm wrong maybe someone who has stayed there can give you some more insight. Wish you luck. Thanks
Are you talking about Ramblers Rest RV Resort in Venice? Yes, that does look very appealing. I'll look into it. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2021, 07:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalFrog2 View Post
Are you talking about Ramblers Rest RV Resort in Venice? Yes, that does look very appealing. I'll look into it. Thanks.
Yes, autocorrect drives me crazy but its is Ramblers Rest RV resort in Venice on River Road boarding Myakka River. Thanks
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 07:38 AM   #12

We are at Ramblers Rest Venice right on the Myaka River w/boat launch in park. It is a large 640 space park with COVID right now a lot of activities are scaled back but last year more than you could do. We have a awesome wood working shop a huge pool and hot tub a large dog park. This place is more like old Florida park with large oaks and pine trees but there are open areas as well. A definite place to check out.
HAMMDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:08 AM   #13

wife and I are looking for a over 5 long term park but we wont pay 1600.00 a month might as well buy a house then . we are looking for under 5oo.oo
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:17 AM   #14
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareftn View Post
wife and I are looking for a over 5 long term park but we wont pay 1600.00 a month might as well buy a house then . we are looking for under 5oo.oo
Long term in Florida for under $500/month.

Let us know how that works out for you.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:25 AM   #15

I have found several and I just want to see if anyone replies where they are at
we dont want to be in the high over priced areas the beech or big cities we prefer more country
Old 02-14-2021, 12:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareftn View Post
I have found several and I just want to see if anyone replies where they are at
we dont want to be in the high over priced areas the beech or big cities we prefer more country
Please post the ones that you found
coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 01:52 PM   #17

Travelers Rest Resort and Golf Course midway between Dade city and Brooksville Florida.

www.travelersrestresort.com

over 55 community
about 10 sites available for the 2021/2022 season
about $1050/month $3550/year plus electric
Resident Owned / Debt Free / not for sale at any price
Pasco County Fire and Rescue Station 33 inside park, Volunteers wanted
Over 100 activities... Corvid 19 permitting
2 dog (pet) limit, Nice Dog Park and grooming facilities and club
Bi weekly published newspaper, past issues on the web site
Mail services
All paved roads
The list goes on and on
2017 Laredo 325RL Sold
2016 Vengeance 29V Sold
1970 Yellowstone Used as down payment for first house
FrankG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankG View Post
Travelers Rest Resort and Golf Course midway between Dade city and Brooksville Florida.

www.travelersrestresort.com

over 55 community
about 10 sites available for the 2021/2022 season
about $1050/month $3550/year plus electric
Resident Owned / Debt Free / not for sale at any price
Pasco County Fire and Rescue Station 33 inside park, Volunteers wanted
Over 100 activities... Corvid 19 permitting
2 dog (pet) limit, Nice Dog Park and grooming facilities and club
Bi weekly published newspaper, past issues on the web site
Mail services
All paved roads
The list goes on and on
They are a large park with a lot of dances and concerts in a very large hall. You might want to drive up there and take a look at the place before you make a long term commitment. We did.

We are in Majestic Oaks in Zephyrhills with a 2 year agreement on our site at less than $500. We have about the same activities as most any other park with a normal year having a dance at the rec hall about once a month during the winter season. Sites are large enough with all having a concrete pad for parking your vehicle and patio. Long term sites have a full concrete pad for the RV and a storage shed. Zephyrhills is a small city with everything you need close by and only about 30 miles to Lakeland, Wesley Chapel and Tampa area for any other shopping someone might want.
2022 F150 Powerboost Hybrid.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:02 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Long term in Florida for under $500/month.

Let us know how that works out for you.
x2

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:35 PM   #20

https://codysrvpark.com/
https://crystallake-village.com/rv-rates/
https://www.zephyrpalmsrvpark.com/ze...ort-rates.html
just 3 of about 100 I have on file
do the search now I dont know what they are like love to talk to someone in one

Tags
snow