Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #1

Stone Mountain State Park In North Carolina

Hi fellow Campers, Is there anyone out there who has camped at Stone Mountain in North Carolina? I'm looking for details about the park itself, I have a 33 Foot 5er. I have read that the trout fishing is good in the area, but I can't seem to find any details on the campground itself. I would really like some photos of some campsites if possible. Thanks in advance
smittyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #2

Oh yeah Im from North Georgia so If anybody has any questions about the parks around in this area give me a shout and Ill help as much as possible.
smittyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #3

Hey smittyb, I actually live about 20 min from Stone Mountain State Park. Shoot me your address in a PM and I will go up there and get you some information at the park and mail it to you if you want me too. I haven't camped there in the TT yet and since it's been updated but it looks really nice. Water and electric only but it does have a dump station as you first go in. Here is an aerial view using google maps 36.382138,-81.019108 - Google Maps
I can also get some pictures of the camp sites when I go up to get the brochures if you want me too. Just let me know what ya need

BTW we are going to your stone mountain park the end of March. Booked site #13 today so we are ready to go. Looking forward to it!
2004 F-150 4x4 Super Crew
Equalizer WDH
2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
LunaTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #4

Below is a link to the park:
N.C. Division of Parks and Recreation: - Welcome to Stone Mountain State Park
Phil
Phil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #5

We stayed at Stone Mountain a few years ago. We did have sewer at our site. We did have an issue with the electric, fried our cord. The sites are a little tight to get into but we loved it there.
Ross - Letter Carrier (retired 2011), Jan - YNC(retired 1996)
Nights Camped 2011 (8)
rossandjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

We stayed there in 2008, our maiden voyage, and just went by there this week-end.

No sewer at the sites, just water and electric, 30 amp. Paved parking, some children riding bicycles. Nice bath house, plenty of hiking, and yes, the trout fishing is good in that area, well stocked. Deer all over, may have to nudge them with the bumper to get them out of the road. Was never able to pet one, but could get within 10 feet or so. Maybe if I had a handful of corn...... Sites are in the sun, but they have planted trees, and will be getting better. Volunteer host on site, and it's a few miles to the closest store. Great area to visit, but less than an hour from my house, so don't camp there, just visit when we ride our motorcycles.

Send me a PM sometime if you are going to be there, and maybe I can ride up and meet you.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote