Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2020, 09:34 PM   #1

Tampa area request

My wife and I are heading down to Tampa area (Sun City Center) to help with her father who has discovered some unexpected medical issues and will require our help as her mother is unable to drive due to visual impairment. We are taking our Isata 5 30FW Coach to be in the area and also work when not assisting with pops. Jeep TOAD too.

We have a reservation at the St Pete KOA for 10 days but would like to find something a bit cheaper and more secluded from so many "activities".

Any recommendations? Would like full hookups and 30 or 50 amp. No other bells and whistles necessary.

Appreciate any recommendations.
Chaduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 06:56 AM   #2

The first thing that I thought is the cost of toll charges running across the SUNSHINE Skyway Bridge. And a bit of a daily drive. There are RV parks much closer to SUN CITY.

Know the cities close to SUN City CENTER, Florida I would strongly suggest. South Hillsborough County. Learn the names of the towns, Now if you coming down as a vacation St. Pete is nice for every kind of activity. But if you want to be close and also enjoy yourself. Think more about cities near SUN City Center.

My next would put you close and in the heart of wonderful food, Shopping OUTLET MALL called Ellington.

The TWO Parks I found are in Bradenton Winter Quarters Manatee RV Resort, 800 Kay Rd NE, Bradenton, FL 34212, and the Ellenton Gardens RV Resort, 7310 US-301 N, Ellenton, FL 34222.

Both can be checked out on MAPS-Google.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:08 AM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

We like Tampa South RV park.
Here’s others.....just google campgrounds near ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3FDF6486-6428-49A6-AE80-75B309CAB31D.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	230410  

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:14 AM   #4

Sorry to learn about your mom and dad. In SUN city you can order up some ORANGES and have them sent to other family members
Old 06-02-2020, 07:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
We like Tampa South RV park.
Here’s others.....just google campgrounds near ?
Ken and Terry,

Thanks as I did not know you could Search Google Maps in that way very cool Guys thanks. Here is my try of trying to do what you did. As when I tried to view it would become somewhat distorted during my enlargement of the map. So here is my try showing the same view you did. What do you think? So very cool by just opening Maps,Google.com and then typing into search CAMPGROUNDS NEAR ANY CITY USA/WORLD. Very cool KenandTerry OUTSTANDING

http://Maps.Google.com
Click image for larger version

Name:	GoogleMAPS.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	230413
Old 06-02-2020, 01:38 PM   #6
Kanadian Kamper

No fun up here. Thanks COVID.

Up here in Ontario Canada....NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING is open for any kind of camping yet. Some parks (like you call state park and campgrounds) are open ONLY to come in and walk around. Washrooms, water fountains, beaches, picnic shelters, closed. So basically just come in and walk around but that’s it.
Even some campgrounds in New York, Virginia and other border states are opening their various campgrounds with limitations, but both directions at the Canada/USA border are closed to non-essential travel, so we can’t go there either.
Various RV rallies may be happening, some postponed or cancelled, but we can’t cross anyway.

I’ve tweaked, modded, repaired, adjusted, cleaned, waxed, detailed and anything I can on the motorhome. Driveway camping doesn’t cut it.

Enjoy yourselves.....those that can.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote