Old 11-01-2018, 06:16 PM   #1

We just finished our first trip to the North East.

We just finished our first trip to the North East. WE really had a good time. So much different than the western part of the US or Florida. Some of the things we did:
At Charlotte NC we visited the Billy Graham Library.
At Staunton, VA we visited the Woodrow Wilson Pres Library & Museum, Woodrow Wilsonís Birthplace, and Monticello, Thomas Jeffersonís Plantation.
At Hagerstown MD we visited Gettysburg National Military Park Museum, Harper's Ferry, and Antietam Battlefield.
At Lancaster PA we visited Valley Forge National Park and toured the Amish area.
At Bristol, CT we visited the Mark Twain Museum and the Charles W. Morgan Whaling Ship.
At Salisbury MA we visited Plum Island, Gloucester, and Portsmouth.
At Bar Harbor, ME we went to Acadia National Park.
At Burlington Vermont we visited the Shelburne Museum, Vermont Teddy Bears, Ben & Jerry',s, and Stowe VT.
At Grand Island, NY we visited Niagara Falls and Lockport to see the massive locks on the Erie Canal.
From there we stared a leisurely trip home planning on staying a couple of days in Columbia, SC and a couple in Savannah, GA. But when we got to Columbia, Hurricane Michael was due to arrive the next day. so we just drove straight home to avoid the weather. The 400 miles home is further than we normally drive in one day. Most of the trip we only drove around 200 miles in a day.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:43 PM   #2
Trailer Park Supervisor

wow, covered a lot of ground, did a lot! Good going! How long was that trip?
Old 11-01-2018, 08:20 PM   #3

The first part of your trip was not in the NE. It was in the South! Glad you had a good time.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:27 PM   #4

We were gone 61 days.

Starting in Florida hard not to go thru the south.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:32 PM   #5
Trailer Park Supervisor

Wow, I've never been away from home that long on a trip. Except on an aircraft carrier. And I didn't own a home, so it really didn't matter.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:43 PM   #6

How long were you on the trip.
LarrysPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 01:59 PM   #7
Retired and Loving Life!

Send a message via MSN to Alan F
Sounds like a great trip. We traveled from Virginia to Bar Harbor in September and loved it. Also visited Acadia. We spent a few days in Kennebunkport, which is a beautiful community. In Boston, we went to the JFK Presidential Library and ate Italian in the North End. Had a great time. Glad you enjoyed the south as well. That is our stomping ground. We winter in Florida.
Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 04:21 PM   #8

I grew up in Western NY and many people donít realize how much there is to see and do in the NE outside the big cities. The only downside is how many tolls they charge everywhere you go.
Honda ST1100
BMW R1100R
Linnemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:02 PM   #9

What an awesome trip!

Wow! What a great trip! You were right where we live in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia when you were visiting Staunton! Next time you go through, you may like to visit Natural Bridge or maybe do one of the awesome hikes like Humpback Rock or Crabtree Falls. Peaks of Otter near Bedford is INCREDIBLE! Anyway, just wanted to congratulate you on a wonderful trip. You packed a lot in there!
tomandtess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:42 PM   #10

Sounds like you had a terriffic 1st long trip.Time to start planning the next one!
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:23 AM   #11

Natural bridge

I took my mom on a similar trip from Tampa through the northeast and Canadian maritimes this summer in my Wildwood lite. She was 5 months post op to remove cancer. Here she is taking a walk through natural bridge! What an adventure! 7000 miles in 3 months
seizethebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by seizethebay View Post
I took my mom on a similar trip from Tampa through the northeast and Canadian maritimes this summer in my Wildwood lite. She was 5 months post op to remove cancer. Here she is taking a walk through natural bridge! What an adventure! 7000 miles in 3 months

Missing pix but that's ok. We did similar starting the actual camping at Acadia then going to New Brunswick/Fundy shore & doing whale watching out of St. Andrews...then heading up to St. Johns to see the big tides and reversing falls...then on to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island...After that we circled back by heading over to Quebec City (OMG...like Europe!) ...Montreal, Toroto and Niagra falls...then heading south and home. Wonderful loop for those who have already seen New England and enjoyed it. Take advantage of the 25% dollar advantage too!
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:38 PM   #13

Deland is a real nice town have friends there. Glad you enjoyed New England. Lots to enjoy.
capt104 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first trip