Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2015, 04:26 PM   #1

Where are all the camping musical festivals in the Southeast?

So we borrowed a 5th wheel 2 yrs ago to attend the first Celtic Family Jamboree and were hooked ...purchased our own little TT and just finished the 3rd annual Celtic fam jam this past weekend. Came home & bought our passes for Stringbreak in April.
I have really had a hard time finding places to camp & enjoy a ton of great music together (Sertoma Youth Ranch, Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park & Campground & Georgia Mountain fairgrounds so far for us)

Where else have you camped & enjoyed a music festival in the Southeast?

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:11 AM   #2
Roger and Paula

Late Feb/early March is the Plant City Strawberry Festival, Florida. Lots of music. There is a big country music festival in Fort Lauderdale in April. And there are a lot along SW Florida, just have to Google search. Enjoy
Rstrahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:34 AM   #3
(Dry Huunday)

Bluegrass festival April 25-26 @ White Oak Shores in Stella, NC. Everyone I know that has been to it raves about it.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:37 PM   #4

So I can camp at the Strawberry festival grounds & the festival grounds in NC? I am looking for those music festivals that you camp right on the grounds please

Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Old 02-15-2015, 01:52 PM   #5
(Dry Huunday)

The Bluegrass festival is held at the campground.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:17 PM   #6

Outer Banks NC

No camping on the grounds...but park is 10 minutes away.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:24 PM   #7
Done with this

This is quite an event.

Festival of the BluegrassJune 11-14, 2015 - Home

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:43 PM   #8

Ragtime Carnival in Pocohantas State Park in VA.
cstover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:04 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

misty mountain camp resort is a nice little campground near Charlottesville Va that hosts a music festival every fall. It looks like it will be Sept 25-27 this year. I haven't been to the music festival but have stayed at this campground a couple of times. It's a nice area just off the blue ridge parkway and has several microbrewery and wineries in the area available for tours.misty mountain music festival.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:00 AM   #10
Director, FROG

If you like country and bluegrass, check out Renfro Valley, KY, on I-75 just south of Berea.

Renfro Valley Entertainment Center - Kentucky's Country Music Capital Live Concerts

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:55 AM   #11

If you liked the Celtic thing and make it as far as Texas, try the Texas Renaissance Festival in October / November. Not a music festival, but plenty of music going on all day. $20 for the weekend camping...no electric yet, but that may change this year.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:42 PM   #12

Unfortunately due to work the farthest we can go would be GA & AL ... has anyone else been to Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park & Campground? Reading mixed reviews but received a couple free nights for non-festival nights so I want to go but DH is concerned about it because of those reviews

Old 02-23-2015, 05:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Without Whine View Post
Unfortunately due to work the farthest we can go would be GA & AL ... has anyone else been to Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park & Campground? Reading mixed reviews but received a couple free nights for non-festival nights so I want to go but DH is concerned about it because of those reviews
we live in the area and have been there....just not camped yet we also have a few Free nights from the Super show. The place Is Very clean and people seem real nice, have been inside for Christmas lights show and had a Great time. So all I can tell you for now.
plshilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:40 AM   #14

Check out FloydFest in the Blue Ridge Mts of Virginia. Awesome venue and performances over several days in late July. Check out the line up for 2015. This is a big festival and has camping available. A big party, multiple stages, top talent.
FloydFest 2015
ablindmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:47 AM   #15

Check this place out. https://www.folkschool.org I've camped there 3 times and took some fiddling classes. Summer camp for adults!
4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:30 PM   #16

Stringbreak anyone?

So we head out Wednesday for Stringbreak (starts Thursday night with music right thru Sunday evening) @ Sertoma youth ranch in Dade City Fl
Anyone else on the forum going to be there? Anyone been to Stringbreak in the past?

Old 04-13-2015, 08:27 PM   #17

Interesting Music Festival

Had a great time camping this past weekend - the music was OUTSTANDING both on stage (3 different stages) & around all the campfires until the wee hours of the morning.
Had to share a few of the interesting pics - the first was the view from our front porch, the next 3 were some interesting sites (there were far too many of these to post) and the last was the helicopter giving rides right from the campground! Bands played from Thursday evening until Sunday night ...would definitely recommend Stringbreak to everyone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01458_edited-1.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	74176   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01540_edited-1.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	682.2 KB
ID:	74177   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01547_edited-1.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	408.0 KB
ID:	74178   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01575_edited-1.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	634.9 KB
ID:	74179   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01703_edited-1.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	74180  

Old 04-14-2015, 05:45 AM   #18

Runaway Country fest

There is a Runaway Country music fest in Melbourne, Fl. we go to every year. It is a 3 day event. There are several campgrounds within short drive distance. Our favorite is Longpoint campground. It is on A1A between the Atlantic Ocean and the Indian River ICW in Brevard county. There is another nice campground in Cocoa beach next to NASA. Tickets for the festival are $149 for all 3 days.
madbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:05 PM   #19

that looks like a good one ...can I assume all the on site camp sites are pretty much auto renewed each year or do they actually come open? It was way easy having to only walk back & forth to camper during festival - saved bucks on food & beverage (although we did do our part to support them)

Old 04-14-2015, 07:40 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Not really southeast but Thunder on the mountain near Mulberry Arkansas has a great lineup in June.

mackman1994 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping