Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #21
phat phrog stunt crew

toll booths are big enough to get semis through without scraping anything. did you get too close one side or the other?
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #22

My first trip out with the new coach. Scraped slightly on right upper part of roof (painted area) Fortunately not much damage(light scratch). Ticket dispensers for trucks were close to my driver's mirror, so I moved a bit to the right. Probably a combination of tight squeeze and newbie inexperience at judging coach dimensions. I mentioned my experience to one of the guys at the FR factory when I was there and he said, "OHIO right?" Said he's had to be more careful there as well. Maybe he was just trying to make me feel better..lol
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #23
PPST OGCDG

Here is a couple of wed sites that might be helpful

The I-95 Exit Guide - Food, gas, lodging, camping, shopping and more... from Maine to Florida!

Low Clearance Stores and Location Directory | Low Clearance Locations
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #24
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
Travelled from western Michigan to Lake George, NY last summer on New York thruway (I90) with no problems except usual construction area situations found everywhere. Only area of concern were the toll booths on the turnpike in Ohio (scraped my new coach). Have heard from others that Ohio booths are tighter than most.
Man that sucks! Toll booths always make me nervous. Usually the outer-most ones are a little wider. I either shoot for that one or for whatever lane has semis in it already.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #25

Camping World carries a God Sam branded RV GPS made by Rand McNally. I've owned mine for about 4 months. Has a lot of nice features, but I'm having a few problems with mine (not responding to touch on certain parts of screen)
I also read recently that Garmin has release an RV GPS. Wish I would have waited as I am very used to my beloved Garmin and have had a hard time adjusting to the Rand McNally interface
2013 Days Camped, since April: 33
DKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #26

Was just through Ohio on the turnpike last weekend and compared toll booth widths to the those in Indiana. Even though I didn't physically measure them, they did seem to be considerably narrower.
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #27

Good Sam can be your friend and its free. Go to their website to the plan a trip part. There is a place to enter the hight of your RV, along with many other things. Enter your start point and your end point and it will tell you which route to go which avoids those roads that you are not permitted to travel on, Garden State Parkway, the tunnels etc. It is free vs a $350 GPS system. Also use your smart phone to find RV parks etc. Good Luck and have a great trip.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote