Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #1

2012 Silverado TPMS

I upgraded to LT tires and only filled up to 50psi in them so far. Was at the dealer recently for oil change and was asking about what the max tire pressure would be before overinflation was detected setting off the warning light. He was not sure and after checking around with GM support could not get a definate answer. I was originally concerned the 1500 18" rims would not be able to handle 50-80 lbs.(i would never need 80 lbs) and i was advised that would not be an issue as long as i was in the range of tire pressure ratings on tire. Does anyone know what pressure will set off tire warning?
Great Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
Missing Link

A buddy bumped his to 55 psi and the light kicked on. Just take it to dealer and they can reset the settings on the tpms higher.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
Oklahoma Proud

Ive noticed on some gm vehicles the front range to be about 5psi +- from door sticker, but rears seem to be closer to 9-10 psi. As already stated you can change the load rating on the sensors on some (cant say for sure on all) gm you can set a different load rating- not so much a specific psi though. As ive stated on other post, I was playing around on my new scan tool a few months ago and accidently changed my wifes impala sensors to load range E, needless to say the tire light came on and I programmed it back.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
Oklahoma Proud

Also I have asked around about gm wheel psi and load ratings at work(since thier not stamped) and I have gotten "gm knows the rating " so I cant say on ratings. I do know that the 2500hds can have 20" wheels, but the largest you can order on a 3500 srw is 18". Im only guessing but im assuming it has more to do with the avaliable tire load ratings, as my 18" tires have a 4080 lb load rating.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Laker View Post
I upgraded to LT tires and only filled up to 50psi in them so far. Was at the dealer recently for oil change and was asking about what the max tire pressure would be before overinflation was detected setting off the warning light. He was not sure and after checking around with GM support could not get a definate answer. I was originally concerned the 1500 18" rims would not be able to handle 50-80 lbs.(i would never need 80 lbs) and i was advised that would not be an issue as long as i was in the range of tire pressure ratings on tire. Does anyone know what pressure will set off tire warning?
You didn't say what load range you put on C, D or E.

Here is Toyo's chart on pressure vs load. You need to go to page 20 for LT tires.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote