Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2022, 03:06 PM   #21

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220113_093153.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	268094
Took my 17 350 in for service in April and while I was there I ordered a 450 that I had researched on line. Truck showed up in December and with x plan and great trade in the truck turned out to be my best truck deal ever. New truck is perfect so far after 2200 miles. New truck is worth way more than I have in it but I would not part with it after all the waiting. This could be a good time to consider a truck, especially since the dealers don't have any new inventory.

Jack350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 03:55 PM   #22

In 2020, we had a perfectly good, low mileage truck until a woman with dementia broadsided us and totaled it. Trying to find a replacement, two year old used trucks were selling for the prices of new ones (if you could find a new one). We searched 5 states and found a new 2019 that fit our needs. It was over 300 miles distant. The dealer made arrangements to have it delivered to the door. We get monthly CarFax reports that gives a trade in price. We haven't lost a dime since July 2020.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 10:43 AM   #23

I just ordered a 2022 Silverado 1500 LT Trail Boss. While some of the Chevy pricing went up the 1500's or LT's in any case went down $500 over the 21's and 22 LTD's which were mid-year models. $50 dollar credit for heated seats and steering wheel, which made me laugh since they're generally part of a many hundred dollar package, BUT when the chips get to the dealer they'll install them for free. Now comes the waiting... latest website check says 24 weeks, but the dealer thinks more likely 60-90 days.
"No such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing..."
Scottnweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 10:58 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottnweeze View Post
I just ordered a 2022 Silverado 1500 LT Trail Boss. While some of the Chevy pricing went up the 1500's or LT's in any case went down $500 over the 21's and 22 LTD's which were mid-year models. $50 dollar credit for heated seats and steering wheel, which made me laugh since they're generally part of a many hundred dollar package, BUT when the chips get to the dealer they'll install them for free. Now comes the waiting... latest website check says 24 weeks, but the dealer thinks more likely 60-90 days.
Our sincerest condolences. :-)
If you can't Dodge it, RAM IT!
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 11:00 AM   #25

I was kicking the tires and considering the idea of trading in my 2015 RAM 2500 CTD it only has 45K miles so I inquired about another RAM 3500 and a Chevy 2500 that both local dealers had coming in that I was interested in....The money they were offering on my truck was good....Ram dealer would do 3% off sticker...Chevy dealer wouldn't budge off MSRP....After thinking about I decided I'm just going to keep my truck for now....

Funny thing is I get a call from the Chevy Dealer the other day and the salesperson said I have great news we having some great sales promotions so I ask how much are you knocking off the sticker price...She says we aren't then I said how much more are you giving me for my trade she says no more then what we quoted you before.....I ask if I was missing something where is the sales promo? All I hear is silence then I just said sorry I'm keeping my truck for now
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 11:07 AM   #26
Insert witty title here

Dealer's don't have to negotiate now. If you don't want to pay the price they are asking, someone else will. Before my trade. I just paid $80k for a used 2021 Silverado 2500 diesel with 20k miles on it.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 11:26 AM   #27

Wow that’s a lot for a used truck, here is a brand new 2022 for a little more.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8043.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	268109
Old 01-24-2022, 12:27 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
I have been going to the Ford site and building my F-450 XLT for almost a year now. Just went on this morning and the price has gone way up. A 2021 priced about 2 months ago with what I wanted was $64k. Same 2022 truck priced today is $77k. Both are MSRP. Ah geesh.

Join Mustang club of America and you can get X-plan pricing. Sure you have to wait 90 days but if your special ordering something its going to take 90 days. I just bought a Ranger that way plus got to keep all rebates including $1000 for special ordering direct from Ford myself. In the days where everyone wants MSRP or higher, this saved me a nice chunk of change.
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 12:46 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
... including $1000 for special ordering direct from Ford myself. ...
How do you do that?

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 02:30 PM   #30

Maybe over F150 is not included? (it says does not apply to super duty)

first pick your dealer and let your salesman know you are ordering a new Ford online. let them know you want to order online and use X-plan.

Go through the ford site and configure you truck with all the options you want.
at the end you have the option "create order". follow the directions. Be sure to pick your dealer not the closest.

Next than your dealer will get involved (you might have to send an order number to them). They need to make out a sales order with small deposit so Ford knows your really going to do this. At this point they should write this up as Xplan if I recall, but just have in writing you are going to use X-plan (if you are).

Than dealer has to submit some special paper work so Ford knows this order is for you, and not a stock order
Old 01-24-2022, 02:45 PM   #31

Quote:
Maybe over F150 is not included? (it says does not apply to super duty)

first pick your dealer and let your salesman know you are ordering a new Ford online. let them know you want to order online and use X-plan.

Go through the ford site and configure you truck with all the options you want.
at the end you have the option "create order". follow the directions. Be sure to pick your dealer not the closest.

Next than your dealer will get involved (you might have to send an order number to them). They need to make out a sales order with small deposit so Ford knows your really going to do this. At this point they should write this up as Xplan if I recall, but just have in writing you are going to use X-plan (if you are).

Than dealer has to submit some special paper work so Ford knows this order is for you, and not a stock order
And that alone gets you $1000 off the X-plan price?

Digital membership in the Mustang club costs $35. That's a no-brainer.

Old 01-24-2022, 02:54 PM   #32

I delayed offering dealer my "trade in" for several weeks after special ordering my new tow truck.

Therefore, the negotiated price was "Set" on the new truck.......

Results: Got what I wanted for trade and an extra $1000 off my special order 2022 F150.

I am literally a "Happy Camper".

2021 Forest River "Salem" FSX 177BH
2022 Ford F-150 XL 5.0 Liter V8, Tow Package, 400HP 410lbs Torque, 2WD, 3.31 Locking Rear End, Super Crew Cab, Vinyl Floors, Factory Steel Wheels, Iconic Silver
"Keep Calm and Take Them to the Train Station"
HistoricMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 03:21 PM   #33

Quote:
Maybe over F150 is not included? (it says does not apply to super duty) ...
I see from your link that the offer expires at the end of this month. I wouldn't be eligible for X-Plan by that time, if I were join the Mustang club.

The $35 would be well-spent, though. Under normal circumstances I might find a truck on a lot that the dealer is willing to discount but I'm never going to find an XLT 4x4 HDPP EB w/ tow mirrors on a lot, anywhere.

Old 01-24-2022, 03:49 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
I see from your link that the offer expires at the end of this month. I wouldn't be eligible for X-Plan by that time, if I were join the Mustang club.

The $35 would be well-spent, though. Under normal circumstances I might find a truck on a lot that the dealer is willing to discount but I'm never going to find an XLT 4x4 HDPP EB w/ tow mirrors on a lot, anywhere.

I went through the same thing this summer when I ordered my 2021 Ranger. First I joined MCA, got Xplan pin a couple days later (includes a link you can login to see the X-plan pricing). Than I ordered my truck through the Ford website. First joining MCA gives you a partner code, with that you get a PIN. the PIN and proof of 90 day membership in MCA gets you the discount.

by the time my Ranger showed up I was already 90 days into the X-plan so I paid X-plan pricing including all rebates. Let the dealer know what your doing. (my dealer even said if it shows up in under 90 days we will get your price close).

I went with mullinax ford (apopka fl) because they don't charge any of this "back office" charges. They are 25 miles from my home. they have other stores in FL/AL. several of my other local dealer wanted additional $1000 charge added on top, something about paying the lady in the back office. BS. I don't play those games.

If I recall, the X-plan pin also takes you to a ford site, with Xplan pricing shown, and you could maybe (probably) order it with those prices.
I don't recall, but I think on my level ranger Xplan saved maybe another $1500?

In fact I read some people ordered the truck, walked into dealer at pickup and dropped the X-plan pin on them and it worked.

Some dealer will also tell you that you can pick between the rebates when you ordered, or the rebates when you paid. but my price was the same

I think the dealers want these orders because they are above the normal allotment, but they still get credited to end of year sales figures (read holdbacks) I even think the special order program done this way puts you in front of stock orders, but not sure.

But when there was 0 new trucks on floor, I could see some dealers that don't give a crap telling you "forget about it" and they resell the truck over MSRP to the next sucker that walks in the door.
Old 01-24-2022, 04:14 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
I know of two guys recently that were in the market for new trucks. When they hit the dealership they got severe cases of sticker shock. Both of them opted for the "white plain jane" work trucks. While they were in the market for decked-out 1500's or 2500's, they both chose 3500 work trucks. Manual windows and door locks, vinyl/polyester seats, rubber floor matting and steel wheels, but $20K cheaper out the door. Both trucks were diesels, though.

Many folks may not realize there are a number of after-market options and features one can add to plain jane work trucks. Mine has/had manual windows and door locks, vinyl seats and floors, steel wheels, standard tailgate, basic AM/FM radio, etc. Some of the upgrades you can do yourself, while others may require some professional help. You certainly won't get all the options and features of a well-equipped or loaded model, but you're also not gonna cut much into the $20K savings buying the work truck with many of these upgrades.

The only upgrades I have left on my list to do are power windows and door locks, which I plan to have professionally installed. I already installed chrome rim simulators, cruise control, upfitter switches, 1500 watt bluetooth/android sound system with backup and cargo light bed cameras, tailgate with integrated step, lighted tow mirrors and door pockets to name a few. Again, I won't have as many options as an XLT or better, but I do have more than what I started with. And, I didn't pay anywhere near what I would have for an XLT model.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 05:35 PM   #36

Quote:
... I went with mullinax ford (apopka fl) because they don't charge any of this "back office" charges. They are 25 miles from my home. they have other stores in FL/AL. several of my other local dealer wanted additional $1000 charge added on top, something about paying the lady in the back office. BS. I don't play those games.

If I recall, the X-plan pin also takes you to a ford site, with Xplan pricing shown, and you could maybe (probably) order it with those prices.
I don't recall, but I think on my level ranger Xplan saved maybe another $1500?

In fact I read some people ordered the truck, walked into dealer at pickup and dropped the X-plan pin on them and it worked.

Some dealer will also tell you that you can pick between the rebates when you ordered, or the rebates when you paid. but my price was the same

I think the dealers want these orders because they are above the normal allotment, but they still get credited to end of year sales figures (read holdbacks) I even think the special order program done this way puts you in front of stock orders, but not sure.

But when there was 0 new trucks on floor, I could see some dealers that don't give a crap telling you "forget about it" and they resell the truck over MSRP to the next sucker that walks in the door.
Good to hear about Mullinax. I'm in Gainesville and am happy to drive there to save the stealer fee. I bought my current 2016 Lariat at Parks in Wesley Chapel the same day I saw it because it happened to be on the lot. Finding a MaxTow with tow mirrors on a lot if Florida is very unusual.

I spoke to Parks here in Gainesville and they cited their $1,295 processing fee. Brandon Ford, "the largest volume F-Series dealer in the world" want about the same. The best I've found (until you mentioned Mullinax) was Santa Fe in Alachua with "only" $795.

A new purchase is a nice-to-have, not a need. I'm leaving on a 3 month trip next month and am not in a rush, so it will wait until I get back. Maybe the chip market will show some signs of improvement in the meantime.

Old 01-24-2022, 05:40 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPs37FLH View Post
Many folks may not realize there are a number of after-market options and features one can add to plain jane work trucks. Mine has/had manual windows and door locks, vinyl seats and floors, steel wheels, standard tailgate, basic AM/FM radio, etc. Some of the upgrades you can do yourself, while others may require some professional help. You certainly won't get all the options and features of a well-equipped or loaded model, but you're also not gonna cut much into the $20K savings buying the work truck with many of these upgrades.

The only upgrades I have left on my list to do are power windows and door locks, which I plan to have professionally installed. I already installed chrome rim simulators, cruise control, upfitter switches, 1500 watt bluetooth/android sound system with backup and cargo light bed cameras, tailgate with integrated step, lighted tow mirrors and door pockets to name a few. Again, I won't have as many options as an XLT or better, but I do have more than what I started with. And, I didn't pay anywhere near what I would have for an XLT model.
I'm familiar with that but don't want to do what I don't have to. If I buy it will be fairly loaded except for some things that are cheap and easy after-market add-ons. Except for leather memory seats and keyless ignition, it's almost the same as a Lariat. The one major project would be electric folding mirrors. Why Ford won't let you get an HDPP in Lariat trim, I can't get. The result is not the same as a 250 and wouldn't affect those sales much.

Old 01-24-2022, 06:34 PM   #38

I priced a 22 chevy wt double cab lb and price was only a few thousand more then my 19 which was 38.5 otd and came with power windows, locks , informant center, auto dimming rear view mirror , tail gate drop torsion thing a ma jig , on star , pretty much everything i wanted in a truck if it's not there i don't miss it . I did add the GM factory clearance lights on the cab Less then 150 total. went from the 17" steel wheel to the stock 18" chrome they were take offs from a higher edition chevy truck only 500 for the set .

Was really thinking about getting a 22 with the 6.6 gas priced one out the same was 43,xxx . but thought why this truck is just getting broke in
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 06:50 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
Good to hear about Mullinax. I'm in Gainesville and am happy to drive there to save the stealer fee. I bought my current 2016 Lariat at Parks in Wesley Chapel the same day I saw it because it happened to be on the lot. Finding a MaxTow with tow mirrors on a lot if Florida is very unusual.

I spoke to Parks here in Gainesville and they cited their $1,295 processing fee. Brandon Ford, "the largest volume F-Series dealer in the world" want about the same. The best I've found (until you mentioned Mullinax) was Santa Fe in Alachua with "only" $795.

A new purchase is a nice-to-have, not a need. I'm leaving on a 3 month trip next month and am not in a rush, so it will wait until I get back. Maybe the chip market will show some signs of improvement in the meantime.
Those processing fees are capped by X-Plan as well - they are limited to a maximum of $100. Also, a dealer can't pick and choose when they will accept X-Plan deals - they either don't do X-Plan at all, or they do.

Strictly speaking, you are not allowed to "drop" X-Plan on them as a surprise. One of the program rules is that you have to identify yourself as an X-Plan buyer.

In the past, my dealer has let me buy off of the lot with X-Plan, but they are not required to do so.

I have also seen that some dealers will try *really* hard to talk you out of using it. They will swear that X-Plan won't even get close to their "best price", and that you will be "leaving money on the table".

Maybe. But I doubt it.

For Ford vehicles, the price is what it is. You can figure it out for yourself by going to the fordpartner.com website with the partner code that you were provided when you joined MCA or Experimental Aircraft Association. The price will be the actual dealer invoice minus 0.4%, plus $275. This will get you really close to dealer invoice.

On top of that they are allowed to try to sell you on all of the BS coatings and protectants and warranties, and whatever they can browbeat you into, but they can't change the price of the vehicle, and they can't charge more than $100 for "fees".

There's a chance that they have some car sitting around that's an ugly color with no options that has been sitting on the lot well past the holdback allotment that they might let go for close to what they have in it, but that doesn't happen very often anymore - and *never* happens on desirable vehicles. In the real world, if they show you a deal sheet that has that truck *under* invoice, take some time to track down what their other hand is doing. My money says that it will be screwing you on your trade. or your financing, or "including" an extended warranty for twice what you could buy it for elsewhere. Or all of those things.

A dealership is a business. And they are in business to make money. They are not going to lose money. Not even for you. The beauty of an X-Plan deal, for you *and* for the dealer is that you both know what the price is, and how much time will go into the deal. You know that you are getting a reasonable price and the dealer knows that they will make a few hundred bucks for very little work.

If you go in there fixated on how much you are going to knock off of MSRP, the only thing to be sure of is that by the time you leave, your butt is going to be mounted in the sales manager's trophy case. Remember that they do this several times per week. This is how they feed their families. The same can't be said for most of us.

Here's a pretty good overview of the X-Plan rules: https://www.jdemmerford.com/ford-x-p...cial-rules.htm

Also, if anyone would like for me to look up the X-Plan price for a configuration, I am pretty sure I can do that without running afoul of the rules.

For example:

2022 F250 XLT Crew Cab Short Bed
Color: Black
Engine: 7.3l 2-valve Gas (Godzilla)
Trans: 10spd Auto
Drive: 4x4

Options:
3.55 Electronic Locking Axle
Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System with ProTrailer Backup Assist
XLT Premium Package
Spray-in Bedliner
Remote Start System with Key
Cloth 40/console/40 Front Seats
Upfitter Switches

X-Plan price: $55,881

Same truck, configured on www.ford.com: $58,855

So for the cost of an MCA or EAA membership, you can save 3,000 bucks *and* do less work. AND, not get hit with a couple thousand bucks of "administrative fees". I really don't know why everyone doesn't do it that way.

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 02:44 AM   #40
Camping the Natural State

With the Godzilla and 10 speed, I would want the 4.30 axle ratio option.

Tags
truck