Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2018, 08:41 AM   #1

35 1250 20 Tires and a Fifth Wheel.

Hi from the uk. Short of experience and info here.

I have my first fifth wheel being delivered here in the uk shortly. I have a 2012 Ram crew cab1500.

I need to replace the tires on the truck and was considering putting 35 1250 20 on with a 2.5 level on the front.

Can i have anyones wisdom on this if this is a no no? The reasons why not. Pros and cons and general advice please.

Thanks.
Andy
Ibroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:17 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Depends on the weight and size of your fifth wheel. I'm also going out on a limb and guessing you are talking about 35"x12.5 tires on a 20" rim? Not knowing what gearing you have in your truck, I'm going to guess that you won't have enough to pull a fifth wheel. Most 5ers are bordering into 3/4 ton truck territory to start with and adding 35" tires to a 1/2 ton is surely not a wise decision. You will lose a great deal of applied torque by going with bigger tires, how much you will lose depends on recommended tire size. The leveling kit really doesn't affect things all that much, other than once you add weight to the back, you may be pointing into the air. Air bags could help that some. If you're planning on towing, I would stick with something closer to stock size.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:47 PM   #3

Aquaman

Its a 30 foot 8000lb fifth wheel. I believe its a 3.92 gearing

I had not considered the gearing and torque aspect the bigger tires would make to the truck. It was only from an aesthetic point of view for the bigger tires to be honest and the cost between the original size and larger ones was small change hence the question.

Thanks for the input
Ibroker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifth wheel, tire, tires, wheel