Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 05:03 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman View Post
This isn't about "He has this and I don't". This is about being decent and supportive of your fellow camper and not putting down someone else's choice.
Just an idea but you can start by not categorizing everyone with a newer truck like so:
Quote:
Why in the heck is it required for someone that owns a newer truck to somehow think that just because it's newer they have a right to be a total ass to someone that has an older truck?
I broke up a fight one day and one of them said: ''He called my mom a (female dog)" I said: ''Well, is she?''...."Who cares?''
Old 02-06-2020, 05:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtelkman View Post
Well if you run into an ******* in the morning you simply ran into an *******. If you run into ******** all day long then.....
I'm stealing this one . . .!
Old 02-06-2020, 06:31 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigH View Post
Just an idea but you can start by not categorizing everyone with a newer truck like so:

I broke up a fight one day and one of them said: ''He called my mom a (female dog)" I said: ''Well, is she?''...."Who cares?''
Aah.. who's being over-sensitive now? LOL.

Agreed. I shouldn't have categorized all of you like that. Just seems to be a trend I've noticed.

I guess this is just a plea to be decent without calling anyone out specifically. As we banter between different models, gas vs diesel, etc... State the facts as you know them and personal experience and let's leave it at that.

On the day that it happened, someone was being a total ***** about the 6.0 Powerstroke in this forum. Not based on personal experience but based on what they were told from others. it was pretty obvious that they themselves hadn't researched it or looked into it at all. It's bothered me for some time and I guess I'm just venting about it now.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:35 PM   #24

Least he didn't call it a Hoopty.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
Old 02-06-2020, 06:57 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Least he didn't call it a Hoopty.
... or a flivver.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 = 94; booked = 14
Old 02-06-2020, 09:34 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkbre View Post
I like that your perception of an offensive comment has turned into a PSA for us all here.

In an effort to stay on track of the Towing, Tow Vehicles, Hitches & Toads portion of this forum let's remember the hierarchy of all tow vehicles, trailers, fuels, tires, hitches. We don't want to not offend anyone by our superiority or inferiority and we need to know where we all stand among each other. Below is my list so far. Please do not correct me as I will be offended if you do.
  • Dually 1+ton > SRW 1 ton > 3/4 ton > 1/2 ton
  • 5th wheel > Bumper Pull
  • Diesel > Gas
  • Goodyear & Maxxis > China-bombs
  • Hensley, Anderson, Proride & Blue Ox > all others on the market

That should read Goodyear > Maxxis > China-bombs. Maxxis does not rate equal billing with Goodyear.
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.6L 4.10
2020 KZ 130RBSE
Old 02-07-2020, 04:46 AM   #27

Quote:
Aah.. who's being over-sensitive now? LOL.

Agreed. I shouldn't have categorized all of you like that. Just seems to be a trend I've noticed.

I guess this is just a plea to be decent without calling anyone out specifically. As we banter between different models, gas vs diesel, etc... State the facts as you know them and personal experience and let's leave it at that.

On the day that it happened, someone was being a total ***** about the 6.0 Powerstroke in this forum. Not based on personal experience but based on what they were told from others. it was pretty obvious that they themselves hadn't researched it or looked into it at all. It's bothered me for some time and I guess I'm just venting about it now.

There isn't anything remotely sensitive about my post and I didn't even feel included in your prejudice as my truck is 3 years old lol.

The sad part about your parking lot story is your reaction to it. The other truck owner was perturbed that his wife couldn't tell the difference between his truck and an older one (yours)...I would have snickered and taken the entire event as a compliment. Instead, well, here we are...
Old 02-07-2020, 06:23 AM   #28
D W

Quote:
Why in the heck is it required for someone that owns a newer truck to somehow think that just because it's newer they have a right to be a total ass to someone that has an older truck?

Exiting Costco the other day there was a woman standing next to my truck trying to open the door as I was walking up to it. I didn't even say anything to her as I was several rows away and had just lifted my head when I heard her husband yell out. "What in the hell are you doing standing next to that jalopy, I'm over here." I looked over and he was standing on his running board one row behind mine.

If I was quicker-whitted I woulda gave him a piece of my mind and probably shoved a foot where the sun doesn't shine.

He was driving a newer body-style F350 CC LWB Dually with the identical paint scheme. No wonder his wife was confused.

My truck may be an '07, but I can assure you it looks practically new. Runs well, pulls like a freight train, and cost less than a third of what a new one does.

For all here, just remember that not everyone is going to buy a new truck as not everyone can afford that. I have a wife and 4 kids (2 of which are in college) to support, loans to pay and I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth (mommy and daddy money tree never grew). We love camping and want to enjoy it as a family. You don't have to own the newest camper and matching tow rig to enjoy it.

If you're happy with your rig, then why concern yourself with what others think? Man, just let it go!
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
Old 02-07-2020, 07:33 AM   #29

Having grown up most of my life in rural WV, we called many a vehicle that term. We took it as a compliment!
Joyfully Towed with a 2018 RAM 3500 6.7 CTD
Old 02-07-2020, 07:48 AM   #30
Site Team

Ok, this is just a vent thread, with nothing to be solved. It's already being disruptive and is being closed.

I'm trying to keep up with the Joneses, but every time I catch up, they refinance.
Closed Thread

Tags
truck