Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2017, 05:27 PM   #1

Andersen WDH parts needed

We had an Equalizer 4-point that worked well but too heavy for me to lift. After research we switched to Andersen in 2015 and it worked fine for our previous light TT but now we have a little larger TT.

I need a replacement Andersen ball 2-5/16" and 5" frame brackets. Andersen part #s 3354 & 3359.

The ball is back-ordered and I can't seem to get an ETA. Been waiting 2-weeks now. Promised a phone call tomorrow.

The dealer where we recently bought our new 2104S was nice enough to lend us an Equalizer 4-point but it's still too heavy.

If I can't get any ETA info on my order tomorrow, I'm looking to see if anybody has ball and brackets they no longer use and want to sell.
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #2

Hi Trigger can you provided a comparison between the Equalizer 4-point and your Anderson WHD besides the weight issue. Was the Equalizer 4-point super noisey going down the road? Did the Equilizer give you more control over the Anderson WHD? How does your Anderson WDH feel after one year of use?
Also my DW wants to move up in size to a ML 2306. Since we own the same TV, in your opinion will an extra 2ft but a lighter TT by around 300lbs will have adverse effect on the Sequoia? Thanks in advance JN.
PS Bumping up because it so happens Trigger and I have the exact same TV.
jnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
We had an Equalizer 4-point that worked well but too heavy for me to lift. After research we switched to Andersen in 2015 and it worked fine for our previous light TT but now we have a little larger TT.

I need a replacement Andersen ball 2-5/16" and 5" frame brackets. Andersen part #s 3354 & 3359.

The ball is back-ordered and I can't seem to get an ETA. Been waiting 2-weeks now. Promised a phone call tomorrow.

The dealer where we recently bought our new 2104S was nice enough to lend us an Equalizer 4-point but it's still too heavy.

If I can't get any ETA info on my order tomorrow, I'm looking to see if anybody has ball and brackets they no longer use and want to sell.

If you’re don’t like lifting heavy hitches look for one that’s permanently installed on the trailer. I have a Hensley arrow and it’s simply stick in a tube and back it in. Then you adjust the wd part with a drill but it’s always attached to the trailer so no lifting. The propride 3 system is the same.

Is the the Anderson always attached too?
deepseadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post

Did you contact Andersen for the replacement parts or are you working through your dealer? I needed something and called Andersen directly and they actually answered the phone! I had the part in about a week.

Laura
Old 07-15-2018, 10:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan View Post
Did you contact Andersen for the replacement parts or are you working through your dealer? I needed something and called Andersen directly and they actually answered the phone! I had the part in about a week.

Laura
Thanks. Yes we got the parts not long after I created this thread last July 2017.

Responding to jnomad, the Andersen is working fine and is light to lift and easy to put on and take off. It has good sway control. Happy with our choice for our TV/TT combination. Other than that really can’t give you much more of a comparison. You can do a Forum Search to get other’s opinions and experiences.
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts