View Poll Results: Which toad brake do you feel is best?
Roadmaster InvisiBrake 6 100.00%
Demco SBS Stay-IN-Play DUO 0 0%
Roadmaster Even Brake 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2020, 12:15 PM   #1

Any Roadmaster Invisibrake users here?

Doing my research on brake systems so I have been asking for a lot of advice/opinions recently. I have a week to decide.
I am considering having the Invisibrake installed in my 17 Jeep GC. I don't like the portable units that I would have to setup each time.
My RV is a 2017 FR Sunseeker 2800 GTS towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4.

My questions are;
Do you like the performance of your invisibrake?
Is it plug and play easy after installed?
Any toad battery issues with Invisibrake?

Thank you for any user experience and feedback.
Old 03-17-2020, 04:01 PM   #2

I have one installed in my 14 CRV for the last 4 years and has worked great.
USS Decatur DDG-31 1971-1975
Inlineskater67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:19 PM   #3

Very happy with ours on a ‘16 wrangler. One switch, nothing else to move or change.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:33 AM   #4

I am going with the Invisibrake. Thanks for your reply. Trying to get away from all the setup hassle with the portable units.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:24 PM   #5

Have you had a look at the Demco Stay-In-Play Duo permanent installation? I have been very pleased with it in our Wrangler toad.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:32 PM   #6

Have on in our 2014 focus and in our 1998 wrangler. They both work great. The Focus has been used since 2014.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:39 PM   #7

Have it install d on 2015 GMC Canyon! Works great and am pleased with ease of hookup!
Days camped in FR, 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15 = 52
16 = 77, 17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 2020 = 41
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 02:08 PM   #8

I to have a invisibrake hooked up in my 2014 Honda Element. Works great, so great I have to remind myself to check it from time to time. No issues for the past 5 years. More states are requiring toad brakes and though a little pricey, its an excellent choice.
Dc8mdtmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 03:51 PM   #9

I have one installed in my truck/ toad and pull it behind my 2014 Berkshire. Install it and forget about it. Love it!
fredhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 05:21 PM   #10

Invisibrake

I have one and like it. One caveat, keep the connections from coach to vehicle clean. We disconnected once and the battery on the car was dead. Turns out the connections were corroded.
clanthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 05:47 PM   #11

I had the Stay and Play installed in my 2013 Buick Enclave which caught fire in January and was totaled by the insurance company. The system required the bypass of a 50 amp fuse in the main fuse panel under the hood, and some have opined that the fire was caused by a malfunction in that area. Not conclusive evidence, but . . .

On the replacement Toad (a 2014 Honda CR-V) we initially had a problem with the CR-V battery being drained when towed. The RV Service Center that installed it ran another wire from the motor home umbilical connection on the CR-V to the battery. Checking after the installation, the wire showed MH alternator voltage going to the battery to keep it charged
LannyCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:44 AM   #12

I've had an Invisibrake installed in two Toyota Yaris vehicles and have been very happy with it. Initial installation was very very badly done by Camping World and the unit failed to work before I had driven a mile from the installer's location. They were unable to get the system working so I finally made a side trip to Roadmaster's plant on the Washington/Oregon border to have the problems resolved. It took Roadmaster less than 30 seconds to diagnose the problems and a couple of hours to redo the installation. They also redid the wiring between the rv and the car to eliminate the extra wire that CW had used, requiring me to hook up two separate connections between the rv and car.

The only time I had an issue with the car battery was the first time I towed it. I didn't know that the Invisibrake's battery charging circuit was powered from the parking lights circuit from the rv. Since then, I always drive the rv with the parking lights on which keeps the car battery fully charged.

Phil
pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:55 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmsherman View Post
I've had an Invisibrake installed in two Toyota Yaris vehicles and have been very happy with it. Initial installation was very very badly done by Camping World and the unit failed to work before I had driven a mile from the installer's location. They were unable to get the system working so I finally made a side trip to Roadmaster's plant on the Washington/Oregon border to have the problems resolved. It took Roadmaster less than 30 seconds to diagnose the problems and a couple of hours to redo the installation. They also redid the wiring between the rv and the car to eliminate the extra wire that CW had used, requiring me to hook up two separate connections between the rv and car.

The only time I had an issue with the car battery was the first time I towed it. I didn't know that the Invisibrake's battery charging circuit was powered from the parking lights circuit from the rv. Since then, I always drive the rv with the parking lights on which keeps the car battery fully charged.

Phil
In some US states, it is illegal to drive with the parking lights on. It’s surprising that Roadmaster wired your brake setup such that it required the lights to be on to charge the battery. I’d think they would have known better and improved the system.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:14 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
In some US states, it is illegal to drive with the parking lights on. Its surprising that Roadmaster wired your brake setup such that it required the lights to be on to charge the battery. Id think they would have known better and improved the system.

That's not an issue with today's vehicles that have daytime running headlights. There's always "headlights" on when the vehicle is moving. Adding the parking lights would not be illegal unless the state has a law prohibiting use of headlights in the daytime. Of course, this would also make daytime running headlights illegal.

Phil
pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote