Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2020, 06:59 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to cschwa8518 Send a message via Yahoo to cschwa8518
Awning light strip

Have a 2019 Forest River Cherokee 264DBH. The awning blue light strip was attached by sewing to the awning and the sewing has come loose forcing me to remove the light strip before it fell of all the way. Anyone else have the same problem . Seems to be a stupid way to attach a lite strip. Open to ways to reattach it.
cschwa8518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:53 AM   #2

We have a 2020 287BH (as I understand it, they stopped making the 264DBH and turned it into the 287BH, so they are quite similar in design/floorplan, but I dont know that for a fact), but they attached the light strip right to the fiberglass wall of the trailer. Perhaps it was a change because of the poor design you are referring to. I honestly cant remember ever seeing it attached in the manner you are having an issue with. Seems like a weird design. Only suggestion I could offer is to use the 3M double sided tape for automotive use (it is the same tape they use for the vent visors around the windows, and can be used for attaching emblems and such). Its good stuff. If I were in your situation, that is what I would do.

But, this is a good opportunity for you if you wanted to change out the lights from blue to white. If I was in your situation I would probably switch them to white before reattaching them. We think they look awesome blue, even put our own blue lights underneath the chassis, but, functionally, if you are outside doing stuff under the awning in the dark, the blue is a nightmare to be able to actually see what you are doing (but it does create some pretty cool affects, we have a pink dog leash that glows orange, and a lime green extension cord that also glows bright fluorescent green). Hope it works out for you.

Old 07-27-2020, 08:03 PM   #3

I really hate my blue awning lights. A 12 volt 8 ft light self adhesive strip was relatively in expensive at Home Depot. I like the idea of the 3M tape and will go in that direction.
JoeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 03:54 PM   #4

i had mine down in Texas for awhile and the adhesive leaked down the side of the camper looks like tar so i used bug and tar remover no luck so then i tried goo gone no luck any body have any sugesstions?
Beagleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 04:34 PM   #5
Part-Time Campground Host

Smile

Check out Boogey Lights. You can have any color you want.

www.boogeylights.com
Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1659
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 04:43 PM   #6

i have a new light set just trying o get ugly tar looking crap off camper along with adhesive
Beagleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 06:47 PM   #7

Try 'Goof Off' it's an adhesive remover. Put a little on a rag and work it with your fingertip. I've had success with it.
JoeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:02 PM   #8
Brake is on left

You will probably doubt me, but ATF is a great adhesive remover. I use it often to take the wheel weight goo off my motorcycle wheels.
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, light