Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2017, 01:28 PM   #1

Bent tongue jack foot tube

Just returned from a short camping trip at a VERY less than desirable campground. Had to change sites TWICE inside the park due to electrical issues with the pedestals. When moving the second time I was rushed, frustrated and obviously not careful enough and did not raise my electric tongue jack all the way up and hit a raised sewer main hidden in the tall grass alongside the very potholed dirt roadway. This resulted in a bent extension/retraction tube at the point where the pinned foot stops inside the tube. Anyone else suffered this, and if so is there a fix without having to replace the entire electric jack? I already tried heating the tube with a roofing torch thinking I could get it hot and then bend it back straight. The jack is an FIC 3500 and I cannot locate any supply outlet to just purchase a new extension tube if required.
Jobecka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:33 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Picture(s) would help. Propane torch will not get the tube hot enough. Will take an oxy-acet torch to supply enough heat.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:39 PM   #3

OK...thanks, OldCoot (love the name, by the way!). I will try to post a couple of pics after I get back home tomorrow. I assume I can just remove the entire jack after extending the tube about 15-20 inches and take it to a welding shop, agree?
Jobecka1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bent