Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2010, 11:04 PM   #1

Best Source for Flat Towing Equipment

We have purchased a 2010 Dodge Caravan for a toad. I am trying to locate the gear I need to tow it. I will need everything including the lube pump for the transmission and have just started looking for the best choices of products and pricing.

I am looking for product suggestions and sources of gear with excellent pricing. There are great ranges in pricing in the RV world. The wealth of knowledge in this forum seems to have no bounds and I am sure someone has found a great supplier with amazing pricing.

The whole motorhome thing is new to us. We have owned a TT for 8 years and are looking forward to the delivery of a 2011 Georgetown 350ts in the next week or two. We are hoping to do two weekends before Christmas both in upstate NY if I can get everything done in time.

Mike
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #2

I've had good success buying that sort of equipment from PPL in Houston, Tx. Price and service were excellent - bought from them twice.
2008 Chevy Colorado 4X4 Crew Cab Toad
Callie - Fur Kid
kmsavage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #3

Hi Mike,
We are relative new comers to the world of RVs ourselves - we bought our Georgetown a year ago and just bought a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited a couple of weeks ago to serve as our toad - it will also be my daily driver to work and back. We decided on a Jeep to avoid any extra work or mods on the vehicle.

I did a lot of research on tow bars over the last several weeks and decided on a Roadmaster setup. I looked all over the place for the best pricing and found the best deal on eBay. Just pulled the trigger on a Roadmaster Sterling tow bar with MX baseplates over the weekend. Bought it all brand new from RVExit on eBay for a great price. I would suggest you check them out.

Now I am trying to decide between a Brake Buddy and the SMI Stay-In-Play DUO system. Any suggestions here would be appreciated.
Sterling All-Terrain Tow Bar - SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
Do What You Like - Like What You Do!
Los Popes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:52 PM   #4

I have just started looking at the different products. Originally I thought I would make my decision base primarily on price but now I am not so sure. There are a considerable number of choices. What do I look for? What are the features that set the different products apart? How is one baseplate or one towbar better than the other? I too will have to decide on a brake system and by the looks of it a light system as well.

If anyone can offer some wisdom I am all ears.

Mike
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Popes View Post
Hi Mike,
We are relative new comers to the world of RVs ourselves - we bought our Georgetown a year ago and just bought a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited a couple of weeks ago to serve as our toad - it will also be my daily driver to work and back. We decided on a Jeep to avoid any extra work or mods on the vehicle.

I did a lot of research on tow bars over the last several weeks and decided on a Roadmaster setup. I looked all over the place for the best pricing and found the best deal on eBay. Just pulled the trigger on a Roadmaster Sterling tow bar with MX baseplates over the weekend. Bought it all brand new from RVExit on eBay for a great price. I would suggest you check them out.

Now I am trying to decide between a Brake Buddy and the SMI Stay-In-Play DUO system. Any suggestions here would be appreciated.

We used the SMI Stay-in-Play for the past year....LOVE IT!
betndavrv2 is offline   Reply With Quote