Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
I would start with them at 50 ft lbs and adjust from there as needed in 5ft lb steps till you get the sway to your satisfaction.
There should (NOT) be sway to begin with,anti sway should help control (IF) encountered! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:51 AM   #22
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
There should (NOT) be sway to begin with,anti sway should help control (IF) encountered! Youroo!!

That sounds like one of those ideal world statements. Seems to me that is why so many people buy any of the big name sway control hitches is because they encountered sway with their non sway control hitch. And what I said was merely how the Blue Ox is setup to control what many people encounter. Which is actually part of the Blue Ox setup so I would ask you then. Would you just throw a WD hitch on your TV and not set it up according to the manufacturer? and then wonder why and complain why it did not work as advertised.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
That sounds like one of those ideal world statements. Seems to me that is why so many people buy any of the big name sway control hitches is because they encountered sway with their non sway control hitch. And what I said was merely how the Blue Ox is setup to control what many people encounter. Which is actually part of the Blue Ox setup so I would ask you then. Would you just throw a WD hitch on your TV and not set it up according to the manufacturer? and then wonder why and complain why it did not work as advertised.
I would not (THROW) anything on anything I work on! I have seen people going down the road with a (Duck walking) trailer, no tongue weight,tongue to high,ect. I would exhaust all of the problems of sway first,not mask it just with sway control. Just adding or using water can change the whole setup. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue ox