Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2017, 07:58 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
SecretSquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 321
Bogus cargo capacity sticker

So below is the CCC sticker from my 2006 f250 6.0 diesel. Tell me it's not wrong. No way in heck can 461lbs be correct. Your "5 passengers" alone would have to be under 100lbs each..

Click image for larger version

Name:	image (1).jpg
Views:	432
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	146920
__________________
_________________________
Crusader 337QBH
2019 F350 6.7L DRW CC LB 4x4 Lariat
B&W Companion 20K for OEM pucks.
SecretSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:05 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 3,272
Wow! Something real fishy there. I mean WOW! I think the POS Yugo had more CCC that that.
__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2017 Flagstaff Super Lite 526RLWS
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:09 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
rsdata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 3,982
heck... 16 KG is only like 34 pounds... someone messed it up
__________________
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. " - Ronald Reagan
Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” – Mark Twain

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:11 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 3,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
So below is the CCC sticker from my 2006 f250 6.0 diesel. Tell me it's not wrong. No way in heck can 461lbs be correct. Your "5 passengers" alone would have to be under 100lbs each.
Go here and put in your VIN# , its on your sticker in the picture...

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do


It says you have the "10,000 LB. GVW"
__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2017 Flagstaff Super Lite 526RLWS
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:17 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
GalsofEscape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Catonsville Maryland
Posts: 1,620
does it also say only 16 kg?
that does not make sense either as 461 lbs = 209 kg
__________________
HTT: "EscapeII" 2016 Shamrock 23WS (current)
PUP: "Escape" 2010 Rockwood HW 277 (gone)
TV: "Bruce" 2011 Dodge Durango V8 Hemi Crew
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:23 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 183
I wonder if it is supposed to be 461kg or 1016 lb.
__________________
2015 Sunseeker 3170ds
TakeItEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:26 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Go here and put in your VIN# its on your sticker in the picture...

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do


It says you have the "10,000 LB. GVW"
Yes the vehicle could be 10,000 lb rating... BUT that is the tire specs rating not the truck, could be cheaper tires with a much much lower load index... if it is 108 load index then that is 4400 lbs on the front and rear if the curb weight on the front is 4000 and the rear is 2800 then yeah I could see a 461.

Time for some new tires
N6ZCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:26 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 3,272
That sticker has been doctored... Not even the same font and note the KG's and LB
Attached Images
 
__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2017 Flagstaff Super Lite 526RLWS
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:28 PM   #9
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 6,644
Could be much more believable... I would (if it is yours) take it to a Ford dealer and get them to order a new sticker that is right. the 10k GVWR does not tell you anything. My truck is 10k GVWR but I have a 2500lbs payload.
__________________

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:28 PM   #10
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 6,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
That sticker has been doctored... Not even the same font and note the KG's and LB
The numbers are printed after the fact, the stickers are pre made.
__________________

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:39 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Blender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
So below is the CCC sticker from my 2006 f250 6.0 diesel. Tell me it's not wrong. No way in heck can 461lbs be correct. Your "5 passengers" alone would have to be under 100lbs each.


Well what about the 16kg? Yea that's why I think those stickers are plain stupid just be smart and know what a 1/2,3/4, and 1+ tons are capable of.
Blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:41 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 3,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Could be much more believable... I would (if it is yours) take it to a Ford dealer and get them to order a new sticker that is right. the 10k GVWR does not tell you anything. My truck is 10k GVWR but I have a 2500lbs payload.
Just me going to the dark side. Hope the OP does go get that checked out.
__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2017 Flagstaff Super Lite 526RLWS
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:42 PM   #13
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 6,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blender View Post
Well what about the 16kg? Yea that's why I think those stickers are plain stupid just be smart and know what a 1/2,3/4, and 1+ tons are capable of.
The problem is people are not smart and do not know what they can do hence the stickers..

OP: How long have you has this truck to just notice this?
__________________

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:43 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Blender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
The problem is people are not smart and do not know what they can do hence the stickers..



OP: How long have you has this truck to just notice this?


Agreed! Noted!!!
Blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:44 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 544
That's why it's called a "light truck"!!
__________________
John & Susan, Olivia the dachshund
2011 Georgetown 337DS
2003 Dodge Dakota
Hampton Roads VA
2016 174 Days camping, 2017 66 days 2018 24 days 2019 48 days
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:55 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
aufinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 167
If I was going to guess, I say it should be 1116 KG which is 2461 lbs. Larry G.
__________________
2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7L DC
2016 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB
USMC (Retired) '70-91
aufinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:22 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
SecretSquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Go here and put in your VIN# , its on your sticker in the picture...

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do


It says you have the "10,000 LB. GVW"
Yep, says that on the regular VIN label next to that bogus CCC sticker.
__________________
_________________________
Crusader 337QBH
2019 F350 6.7L DRW CC LB 4x4 Lariat
B&W Companion 20K for OEM pucks.
SecretSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:37 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
SecretSquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blender View Post
Agreed! Noted!!!
To Doc73, thanks for the personal attack on my intelligence.

I posted this sticker up specifically because some on this forum like to point to like its gods answer to everything. It isn't. This one is obvious to the most casual observer that its incorrect. Most here agree with that. Was trying to simply point out that one shouldn't believe everything they read (on the internet or on their trucks!).

To the rest that replied, thanks for the replies. My actual VIN sticker does in fact show 10,000lb GVWR and 6100 rear GAWR and 5200 front GAWR. It does it fact have the size tire on the sticker although not original (I bought the truck used and have since replaced them). Load range "E" with max payload of 3185 at 80psi. So no issues there.

Like mentioned I might just take it to the Ford dealer and say "please explain this" and see what kind of answer I get. I'll have them get a new sticker just appease the CCC sticker police on the forum even though anyone with any sense knows it's wrong.

Again, thanks to those that just wanted to participate in nice conversation about it. Looking forward to conversing with you all again. I do believe there are a lot of people here with valuable input to provide, myself included. I'm not new to this. Been towing a 33ft Jayco TT for years....

Again, thanks everyone.
__________________
_________________________
Crusader 337QBH
2019 F350 6.7L DRW CC LB 4x4 Lariat
B&W Companion 20K for OEM pucks.
SecretSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:54 PM   #19
Blog: RVroadtripper.com
 
hbillsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Near Dallas Texas
Posts: 980
It's a 3/4 ton truck so the GVWR should be 10,000#. Go to a truck stop and fill your gas/diesel tank. Then drive around to the CAT scale and weight the truck. Subtract the truck weight from 10,000 and the remainder is your true cargo carry.
__________________
2016 Wildcat 295RSX - 2015 GMC 2500HD DblCab Duramax/Allison 4x4 Z71 6.6' Bed
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:17 PM   #20
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 6,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
To Doc73, thanks for the personal attack on my intelligence.

I posted this sticker up specifically because some on this forum like to point to like its gods answer to everything. It isn't. This one is obvious to the most casual observer that its incorrect. Most here agree with that. Was trying to simply point out that one shouldn't believe everything they read (on the internet or on their trucks!).

To the rest that replied, thanks for the replies. My actual VIN sticker does in fact show 10,000lb GVWR and 6100 rear GAWR and 5200 front GAWR. It does it fact have the size tire on the sticker although not original (I bought the truck used and have since replaced them). Load range "E" with max payload of 3185 at 80psi. So no issues there.

Like mentioned I might just take it to the Ford dealer and say "please explain this" and see what kind of answer I get. I'll have them get a new sticker just appease the CCC sticker police on the forum even though anyone with any sense knows it's wrong.

Again, thanks to those that just wanted to participate in nice conversation about it. Looking forward to conversing with you all again. I do believe there are a lot of people here with valuable input to provide, myself included. I'm not new to this. Been towing a 33ft Jayco TT for years....

Again, thanks everyone.
Not sure what part is a personal attack but whatever my friend, enjoy.
__________________

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cargo

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.