Old 09-24-2019, 05:05 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rather_b_camping View Post
So I'm very close to pulling the trigger on '17 F350 DRW. The only very small hesitation I have is that it will be my daily driver. For those of you who own or have owned dually's, how many times can you honestly say the dual wheels truly put you in a bad spot. I currently have a '17 F350 SRW with an 8' bed so the length I'm already used to. I live in the suburbs, so not country but not city either. Thanks.
Go for it youíll love it. I had a 2016 SRW 8íbed F350 before my 2017 dually and while I loved it the dually is better. Tighter turn radius for one, smoother ride and zero worries about having enough truck!
jgump911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:15 AM   #42
"On the road again"

Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I have zero problems driving it anywhere.

I park at back end of Walmart and other parking lots. I draw in my automatic mirrors. No problem. I walk. It's good for me.

On the other side of that coin.........I have NEVER EVER been driving down the road pulling my trailer and thought "Well, I have too much truck"..............

Couldn't have said it better myself - however, we don't use the dually (which is actually my wife's) as a daily driver. We have a Ford Edge, plus I have a 2010 F-250 SRW that I use more often than the wife's dually.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Cardinal 3456RLX - '17 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate - DRW w/B&W OEM Companion hitch
Nights Camping 2012 - 2019: 955 ~ Nights Camping 2020: 5 (Slowed a bit due to wife's knee replacement and then COVID-19)
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:58 AM   #43

2003 Ford F-350 7.3L crew cab dually here. Itís not my daily driver (the FJ Cruiser fills that need) and Iím thankful for that. It can be a bitch in tight spaces and parking garages, so if you find yourself in those types of places you may want to reconsider.

But like someone else said, itíll pull a house off itís foundation, so itís great when towing.
velvethippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:25 PM   #44

chevy dually

We have a 2017 Chevy 3500 DRW High Country w/diesel as I prefer GM products. I use it around town to run errands and have had no problems. Swinging it into parking spaces can be challenging and most times I just choose to park farther away. Little walking okay and I do it more to avoid the idiots opening their doors into my vehicle whatever it may be. Pulling a heavy 5er is no problem at all. Gas mileage pretty good around town (13-14) and towing not bad (10). Always use cruise control on highways (when practical) as this improves the mileage towing or not. I can fit into bank drive thru (it's close) but the problem is having to hang out of the window to grab the bank container as the truck sits fairly high for that. Good luck with your choice.
RCPatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:50 PM   #45

The key for parking a Dully is to back in.
Very few occasions where I couldn't park where I wanted too but even if it was a 1500 I doubt I would have gotten parked either, AKA it just wasn't going to work unless I was in a small economic car. Think Downtown Seattle.

Have had my DRW sense 2005, love it wouldn't haul a big 5th wheel without it.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:57 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustdave View Post
The key for parking a Dully is to back in.
Very few occasions where I couldn't park where I wanted too but even if it was a 1500 I doubt I would have gotten parked either, AKA it just wasn't going to work unless I was in a small economic car. Think Downtown Seattle.

Have had my DRW sense 2005, love it wouldn't haul a big 5th wheel without it.
X2 on the backing in. Much more manueverable.
2019 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS "The Dog House II"
Andersen Ultimate 5th wheel hitch
EezTire TPMS
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:36 PM   #47

Ram 3500

I have been using a Ram 3500 for 2 years pulling a 40 foot 5th wheel. Never had any issues at all. I would not even think about pulling it very far at all without a dually. This is my first Ram truck.

Think ahead when parking. Look for parking spots where you can pull forward when you leave. It will fit in a Laser Car Wash as long as you aren't using or remove the rear bumper hitch, and always fold the mirrors in. Fold them in anytime the truck is parked or going through any type of drive through.

I've had 3 Ford's in the past f150, f250, and f350 and had nothing but trouble with the engines on all 3.
kenvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:41 PM   #48

If you can find them???????? Really?

Less than $10.00. Delivered in 2 days.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 01:07 PM   #49

Had a D3500 Dodge Reg Cab DWD, and a Ford F350HD Crew Cab DWD. Both were daily drivers. I usually parked on the top level (sometimes lower) of a 9-level parking garage. "If the mirrors fit, the truck fit." Had to be considerate of the neighbors though. Car washes are out of the question.

J Autry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:19 PM   #50

Calling all dually daily drivers

2000 F350DRW, crew cab. Been driving mine for almost 20 yrs. I heard all the same stuff when I bought it back then. Never a worry about whatís hooked to the back. Iíve been thru drive thru and touchless automatic wash (shouldnít one be more concerned about tow rating/stability than parking or washing it) As far as tires you can go two fronts and four rear if you need to split up for cost effectiveness. Also, there are some great videos of comparing DRW to SRW side by side. Iím looking for the next one and was thinking of going to SRW, but think this thread changed my mind.
jaja141 is offline   Reply With Quote