Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2011, 11:47 AM   #1

Cherokee 19RR axle/tire issues

I purchased a 19RR new in March, 2010. Two trips have been made from Illinois to the north rim of the Grand Canyon, 7,566 miles.

I just took my trailer in to an authorized dealer to have the wheel bearings repacked and to check out why the curbside rear wheel was bald on the outside.

To my dismay they told me that all four tires were showing wear that was not normal. And, the two curbside tires had rubbed against the frame at some point. They are presently pursuing this with Forest River as this kind of wear is definately not normal and has had to have been going on for some time and certainly 7,566 miles all four tires should not have to be replaced.

In the 7,566 miles, there has been nothing I have done that would have caused the axles to be bent and the tires were always checked and filled properly.

The concern is that it came from the factory this way

My question is, has anyone out there experienced these same issues and did Forest River resolve these issues to your satisfaction?
rogsher97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle