Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2019, 04:17 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by llr View Post
Someone on here made rolling dolly with a lift mechanism. Just roll it to the TV, slide the hitch out, lower it and roll it away. It looked interesting but I don't recall anything else about it.
Due to the calendar flipping 68 times and lumbar fusion last November my ball mount has become not hard to pick up, but very painful to do so. I made a wooden platform for the ball mount to sit on and I roll my floor jack (Harbour Freight cheap) under it. Back the truck up to shop door and roll the ball mount into the receiver. So easy even a small cave man can do it.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:24 PM   #22

FYI - Andersen hitch weight: 2" shank, 2 1/4" ball - total weight - 27lbs
Andersen WDH
JROtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:29 PM   #23

Andersen

I have an Andersen I am selling Iv'e had two years. Went from a 3/4 ton tv to a half ton. Need to transfer more weight than the Andersen transfers. PM me if interested.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:54 PM   #24

I just switched from a conventional spring bar WDH to the Anderson, because the hitch ball assembly was becoming a difficulty for me to handle. I am on my second trip, and I am really surprised how much better sway control it provides over the conventional anti-sway bar! Eighteen wheedlers going by are no longer a white knuckle experience.

Comments about less weight transfer are probably correct, although I find it adequate for my 7,500 lb TT towing weight. Raising the tongue jack before final tightening DOES make cranking down the chain tightening nuts much easier.
jjuscg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch, sway