Old 01-30-2020, 07:19 AM   #21
Trailer Park Supervisor

It came???? So excited for you!

****nevermind, I get it! Just saw your wife's post on Chenanago thread.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:18 PM   #22

HAHAH... Should have worded that... "Don't wait till evening to pick up the trailer when it finally shows up." I'm not sure if the dealer will let us delay actually taking possession of it, ya know, make the warranty last longer. Though, I'm not sure if FR is super strict on the warranty, or if they're nice enough to cover things that are just barely past the end of warranty. I'm used to how FCA treats its customers, so I've been kinda jaded.
Old 02-06-2020, 01:44 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrodg3n88 View Post
Thanks everyone for the input.

Another question about the Equalizers..

Their website indicates:
90-00-1000 as being 1,000/10,000 without the ball
and
90-00-1069 as being 1,000/10,000 with the ball.

But.. on two online sites, the one with the ball is $100 cheaper.

Any idea why?

*Edit: Am I correct in assuming that the cheaper one is the E2 version and the more expensive is the E4?
With vs without ball:
That's just marketing. If you don't need a ball, they offer a kit without a ball included. But however many the dealer (Amazon, etc) has on-hand will affect their sales price, which can change daily. So the kit with the ball could be cheaper if they are trying to move more product.

E2 WDH vs Equal-i-zer 4pt WDH (sometimes called "E4"):
This has nothing to do with the ball question.
The original Equal-i-zer 4pt sway control WDH works with sway control at 4 distinct points: 2 where the ends of the bars, where they slide across the the L-brackets, plus 2 more points at the front of the bars, where they are clamped in the head-pivot. This WDH kit is made in the USA.

The E2 is made by the same parent company (I forget the name), but as the name implies, there are only "2" points of sway control, which is at the ends, where sliding on L-brackets. The front ends of the bars still pivot at the head, but there is no mechanism at the pivot point to clamp the bars. This WDH kit is made in China.

Nobody should say that the E2 is better than the E4. But some will say the E2 is just as good as the "E4". Likely, this comes down to how well the trailer is matched to the tow vehicle. If you are pushing the limits of the TV, the trailer may push you around with the E2, and you'll wish you'd spent more on the E4. Do you want to spend hundreds of dollars on the E2, then find out you need/want to upgrade?
Equal-i-zer WDH (10k), Prodigy Brake Controller
thebrakeman is offline   Reply With Quote