Old 02-17-2018, 02:32 PM   #1

Eaz Lift R6 WDH - reviews?

Anyone using the Eaz Lift Recurve R6 WDH (Also sold under Camco name)? Trunnion bars go in from the top rather than the underside. Dealer pushing it hard for new TT. Curious to hear any thoughts from those who use it. Thanks.
Attached Images

6.0 Gasser 4:10

Smiletwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 03:31 PM   #2

I was looking at this too. Interested if anyone has ine
Old 03-31-2018, 04:02 PM   #3

The dealer pushed me on one as well. I ended up buying it and due to Amazon's supplier sending me a damaged returned one, I got my money back.

I ended up with a Husky Centerline TS that I am happy with and sold the R6 to my brother.

In regards to the R6, I helped my brother set his up and 3 things stand out that I don't like:

1. The perches for the bars on the tongue of the trailer slide or shift forward and aft even with the bolts torqued to spec. This was also verified by a friend with the same experience.

2. The ball height and bar tension work together only...and that's not always good. If you raise or lower the ball, the tension on the bars needs to be reset completely. On the Husky Centerline TS and Equalizer brands, bother ball height and tension are two separate adjustments that do not affect each other.

3. There is no height adjustments on the perches to fine tune bar tension.

Bottom line, for about $350 on Amazon, the Husky or Equalizer hitches provide more adjustment at the same or lesser cost.

Also, the dealer really tried to sell me on the better ground clearance for the bars above the tongue. Really ask yourself if you're going to get into that tight of a situation. Realistically, if my bars are hitting, I've already torn out the sewer and gray water dumps on the trailer!

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 04:20 PM   #4

Don't bother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mch5jdm View Post
I was looking at this too. Interested if anyone has ine
I had this for about a month. As CLARKBRE mentioned, the brackets slid along the frame despite proper torquing. The last straw was when I went around a corner near my house, heard an awful screeching sound, and found that the bracket had slid forward over an inch on the outside. I basically couldn't straighten out the trailer. Was stuck in the middle of a residential street for close to an hour. Had to jack the trailer and truck up several times and eventually remove the brackets with a socket wrench and tow the trailer back to my house on the ball. It's also difficult to get bars off and on if you're angled or if tow vehicle is slightly higher on one side (I run into this backing into my driveway with one tire on the driveway and the other still on the street when I angle in).

At any rate, went back to dealer and after some "stern dialogue" they agreed to replace it with an Equalizer 4 point sway hitch. Absolutely love it! Two cents from one who lived it!
6.0 Gasser 4:10

Smiletwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:41 PM   #5

Thanks.

Tags
lift