Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2020, 02:12 PM   #1

Eaz-Lift Recurve R3 1000 LBS

So, I happily brought my new Rockwood 2506s camper home Friday from the dealer. They installed a Recurve 3 1000 lb wdh on my 2012 Silverado. Worked great. Sunday, I went to take my camper to the storage facility until we use it in 2 weeks. I took my time hooking everything back the way they showed me at the dealer. Pulled out and drove about 4 miles, stopped at a red light. Guy beside honked, rolled the window down, said one of my bars was dragging. Well....$%&^&&. I pulled over and the left bar was dragging by the rear mount. It had popped out of the hitch at the truck. One corner of the round part that drops down and locks into place is worn down, maybe 1/8 of an inch. I have tried to find a replacement bar online, no luck. I called CamCo, they said they don't sell replacement parts but that I can order on Amazon. He provided a part number, but it doesn't show up. Anyone ever had that happen before? This is my first time towing with wdh, we had a hybrid before with just sway.
Badbird2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:19 PM   #2

Looks like you going to have to buy a pair...I would start doing some internet searches and see what you can find or it looks like you can go to a Camco dealer. Try calling your dealer and see if they can get them for you possibly at a reduced cost.

ReCurve Spring Bars – 1000 lb., Pair

Item #: 48738
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R3.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	233914  
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:44 PM   #3

I actually just called the dealer, feeling like a fool. They have an extra clean, unmolested bar that was traded in from a customer who had the same thing happen. They are going to swap out my mangled one for the good one! Can't say enough about Weekend RV Center in Clinton, Tennessee! These folks are awesome!
Badbird2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift