Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #41
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I guess he meant loose therefore "tilted" ok I get that.
You need another cup of coffee turbo!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
They had brand new brackets for us and they're thicker than the old ones.
Sounds like you have the correct brackets now and I doubt that you will have any more trouble. The first ones weren't the right brackets for your hitch.

Whiteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteknight View Post
The first ones weren't the right brackets for your hitch.
Actually they were the correct brackets. There was a short time period where the "new style" brackets were found to be of insuffcient engineering and were prone to bending in certain situations. The newest design which we now have is 1.75 time thicker and also are supposedly made from a stronger alloy.
We just happened to be one of the unfortunate ones who had this issue. We experined no incidents as a result of these bending brackets. New brackets are installed now and all should be good. To me this is a no harm/no foul situation that was promptly and accurately corrected by both my dealer and the hitch manufacturer.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrjet View Post
Dealers don't install these 'all the time'. They may be common here on this forum, but not for the average RV'er. The link plates bend when over tightened. My dealer installed mine, overtightened and bent the plates and Progress sent me new ones free of charge. The dealer will not touch my EQ ever again. They didn't even torque my ball anywhere near spec and it was slightly tilted when I got the trailer home. Don't assume the dealer knows everything, becasue they don't.

I found out this last weekend that yes they hitches are not as common as they are talked about on here. I have been reading about this hitch for the past year and finally got one this spring. We took our first camping trip this past weekend and everyone looked at us as if we had a real problem. As stated, the equalizer bars can make some noise when turning and mine were making some real noise as I drove thru the campground. I just had to laugh, as I knew that was normal. I think people thought my rig was falling apart!
vlite2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #45

I've found (in my short length of time as an EQ owner) that I unhook the bars for slow speed and/or tight maneuvering and backing. The TT just seems more manageable without the bars hooked up for pushing around, even just driving around the CG. Bars go on once we're ready to actually drive away.
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese53073 View Post
Dear, you forgot to mention that the replacement sofa and table shipped on Monday and should be in this week also. I must admit that Roskopfs has treated us quite well and even offered some tips on modding. I was shooting the breeze about adding another light so the serviice tech told me how to enter the interior wall to run some wires. he even suggested tying in new outlet for our electric heater into the microave circut as it is a dedicated circuit and e shouldn't have issues with the breaker or GFCI tripping.
I would also like to give a shootout for Roskopf's as excellent dealer. Purchased my 23SS from them in 2009 and have had all the service done by them. Frank and Brian are very helpful and knowledgeable.
gbpacker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equalizer, led pad