Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
Proud Member

Ford Towing Specifications

In the last couple of weeks, I have mentioned the Ford RV & Trailer Towing Guide many times. Therefore, perhaps it deserves its own thread.

Ford publishes an excellent RV & Trailer Towing Guide every year for all of its tow-capable vehicles. This includes the Ford RV chassis. In addition, Ford keeps an archive of the last 9 years online. If you are looking to tow a TT with your Ford, I highly recommend you review the guide specific to your model year. The guides can all be found here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/...ng/default.asp

The guides change every year. Just because my 2003 is the same color, looks similar, and has the same engine as my neighbor's 2010 model, that does not mean my vehicle has the same tow rating. (In fact they are very different between those two years.)

If you are looking to purchase a 2011 model Ford, the guide has not been completed yet, but bits and pieces of what will be in that guide can be found here: Ford Towing Guides | The Official Site of Ford Vehicles | FordVehicles.com

In today's litigious society (in the US anyways) if Ford says my truck will tow 8,650 pounds, they better be able to stand behind that recommendation. The day this guide costs them more in lawsuits than they can attribute to increased marginal sales revenue is the day it will no longer be published. Therefore, it is in their best business interest to get it right.

PS. - Does GM or Dodge publish these guides? I have looked on their websites, but I have not found any. Perhaps I would try harder to find it if I owned a Chevy or a Dodge. If you know, please post a reply with a link.
Reese SC WD System 800/10,000 lbs
1976 Cessna 177RG
Wife, son, twin daughters, and mother

red.jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
Now a "Top Member"

You can also try the Trailer Life site. They have the towing guides for all models:

Trailer Life Magazine: Follow the Road to Adventure
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:38 AM   #3

Here is a link to...

Dodge Towing Guide - By Vehicle
stlhd is offline   Reply With Quote