Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2021, 12:46 PM   #1

Get a code reader.,..

Several years ago I bought a code reader and carry it in my glove box. A few weeks ago, 2 hours into an 11 hour drive my truck went into low power mode. Pulled off the interstate at the next exit, checked everything under the hood, and plugged in the code reader. It was a sensor for the turbo stuck in high. I reset the code, check engine light went off and made it home with no more issues. Next day went to dealer and they reported everything was good. Hard to imagine what I would have gone through without the code reader. I bought mine on Amazon for around $50 if I remember right.
High Country Duramax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:54 PM   #2
Site Team

I concur entirely. And if you have a large chassis with a 6 or 9 pin connector get one that'll read Heavy truck data and will reset service codes. It could save you a tow or being stranded. You can reset the codes until you get to a dealer or at least a safer place to get off the road.