Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2016, 03:56 PM   #1

Got my Rockwood Mini-Lite 1809 Weighed!

I just introduced myself in the Welcome Mat forum. I'm a new member, but have been lurking here for a little while. Thanks to all the suggestions from some experienced members, I got my rig weighed. Below are the details:

2009 Silverado 1500 2WD V6 4.3
Regular cab, long bed, WT package
Leer 100R camper shell, spray-in bed liner
3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
4L60E transmission
245/70/17 General Grabber AT2 tires. 2337 lbs max load each
GVWR: 6,400 lbs
GCWR: 10,000 lbs
Maximum Towing Capacity: 5,200 lbs
RAWR: 3,750 lbs
FAWR: 3,300 lbs

Truck was loaded with a toolbox, portable jump starter, a hybrid-style bicycle, full tank of fuel, and a few other miscellaneous camping essentials I will always have with me in the back of the truck.

The trailer was loaded with 2 20lb propane tanks (full), a single Group 24 battery in the factory box on the tongue, empty holding tanks, and all the gear I will usually take with me for camping trips, including clothing.

I am not using a WDH, but I am using a drawbar with a mount for a Curt friction sway control unit.

So, without further ado, here are the weight tickets!

Truck only, me in the driver's seat:

Truck and trailer together:

By my calculations, the total trailer weight is: 3,760 pounds. Door sticker on the trailer indicates 3,093 lbs dry weight, so this weight was actually a little less than I expected, as I had anticipated 1,000 lbs over dry weight. The hitch weight came out to be exactly 300 pounds, which is below the 10% minimum I was shooting for.

Since this weigh-in, I have upgraded the single Group 24 battery to a dual GC2 battery setup, with a Century Plastics battery box. I definitely plan on doing some boondocking! This increased my scaled tongue weight by 104 lbs to 404 lbs, which is closer to where I believe I should be.

Feedback would be appreciated!
2018 Camping Season: 48 nights, 7,216 Miles
2019 Camping Season: 52 nights, 6,721 Miles
2020 Camping Season: 67 nights, 7,268 Miles
KansasJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood