Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2018, 08:23 PM   #1

Great deal on Air Lift WirelessOne (if you just so happen to be in the market)

Just picked up Air Lift 1000 helper springs and the wirelessOne compressor for Less than $333. Saw that Amazon had the compressor for $260 and I knew that eTrailer has a 110% lowest price guarantee. Sent them the link after completing my order and they sent the credit to my cc.

Worth a look if your in the market.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mch5jdm View Post
Just picked up Air Lift 1000 helper springs and the wirelessOne compressor for Less than $333. Saw that Amazon had the compressor for $260 and I knew that eTrailer has a 110% lowest price guarantee. Sent them the link after completing my order and they sent the credit to my cc.

Worth a look if your in the market.
Airbags are a waste of money. A good WD setup will accomplish a safer more stable tow. watch this video.
vmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmax View Post
Airbags are a waste of money. A good WD setup will accomplish a safer more stable tow. watch this video.

Not true. Under certain conditions they will assist in smoothly out the ride. Granted they will not increase capacity but will help out level a tow vehicle. A properly installed hitch of any type is alway the best solution, however air bags can fill a void under the right circumstances..
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:12 PM   #4

Quote:

So are opinions...just sharing a good deal if someone was in the market. Which by your comments are not.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:23 PM   #5

I think we all know airbags do not increase carrying capacity. And, the 1000 series only gives one an inch or two of lift. A properly set up WD hitch should never need airbags to level the truck. However, drop 4,000 pounds of gooseneck or fifth wheel weight into the bed of a dually and you’ll be glad you have the bags.

But I know from experience that they provide a major improvement in side to side stability. Even more than gimmicky “stabilizer” bars, most of which are a rip-off. Also, with an unloaded truck and big engine if you do a full power start on slightly damp pavement wheel hopping is a problem because of the light weight of an unloaded pickup. Put 20 or more PSI into the Airlift 1000 or 5000 bags and wheel hopping will completely disappear. Been there, done that.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:36 PM   #6

vmax

Quote:
Airbags are a waste of money.
just your opinion...

They sell plenty of them because they do work for certain problems and are well worth the money. My opinion only!

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:31 PM   #7

Use both and the air bags definitely improve ride!
Filterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Airbags are a waste of money.
That seems like the opinion of a person who does not understand air bags.

Since in addition to assisting the springs in smoothing out the ride they are also useful to lift the rear end of the truck, thereby lowering your headlights to point where they should be instead of blinding the oncoming drivers with your low beams as high as your high beams should be.

It is a Safety issue!!

Many states will ticket drivers whose lights are blinding those oncoming drivers. One or two tickets will exceed the cost of the airbags.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:49 PM   #9

This video was about using a hitch on a truck. But what about having airbags on a 5th wheel? Would that be an advantage?
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filterman View Post
Use both and the air bags definitely improve ride!

I’m now curious on which to use first if using both. Connect WDH then tweak with AB or vice versa.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
vmax

just your opinion...

They sell plenty of them because they do work for certain problems and are well worth the money. My opinion only!
o.k. let me backtrack. I've got the airlift 1000 on my suburban. I use them to level it, but along with the Equilizer. Airbags exert too much pressure on your rear axle if they're aired up too much and your WD isn't taking most of the load.
vmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:41 PM   #12

Towing a 42-foot fifth wheel pin weight about 2700 pounds the airbags do a nice job of leveling the truck back out only have to run about 15 pounds of air to lift the truck back to the ride height. My tow vehicle is a 2012 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 4x4. I have the air lift 5000 bags with the wireless one compressor that I also bought from Amazon
18k Pullrite Autoslider
2014 Harley Davidson FLHTK
Day Camped: 2015 - 45 2016 - 4
TomnGerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:15 PM   #13

This poster comes here to share a good deal he found and thinks some of us might be interested.......And BAM....They suck, why would you want them, a WD is better, .......GEEEZZ....Give a fellow a break won't ya!
RB19RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:20 PM   #14

The comment of air bags a waste of money. Kinda funny at best. Thats how I feel about WDH as a waste of money. How many delivery guys use WDH.? Been towing bumper pulls for many years and have yet to wish I had a WDH.
guyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 03:23 PM   #15

I run ride rite air bags on my 2009 Silverado 2500hd. My truck never sagged without air bags . But they sure do improve the ride quality on the rough roads.
jtesta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB19RR View Post
This poster comes here to share a good deal he found and thinks some of us might be interested.......And BAM....They suck, why would you want them, a WD is better, .......GEEEZZ....Give a fellow a break won't ya!

Thanks! I found it kinda funny how the thread went from a deal on gear to a war on who’s sword is longer! Haha.

I think we need summer to get here fast and get camping!
Old 03-29-2018, 04:07 PM   #17

Kinda hard to put a wdh on a fifth wheel.
jtesta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:51 PM   #18
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyster View Post
The comment of air bags a waste of money. Kinda funny at best. Thats how I feel about WDH as a waste of money. How many delivery guys use WDH.? Been towing bumper pulls for many years and have yet to wish I had a WDH.
Then you ain't been towing much.
Old 03-29-2018, 05:06 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
That seems like the opinion of a person who does not understand air bags.

Since in addition to assisting the springs in smoothing out the ride they are also useful to lift the rear end of the truck, thereby lowering your headlights to point where they should be instead of blinding the oncoming drivers with your low beams as high as your high beams should be.

It is a Safety issue!!

Many states will ticket drivers whose lights are blinding those oncoming drivers. One or two tickets will exceed the cost of the airbags.
Ever time I've seen head lights pointing up the vehicle was over loaded, to much TW and stuff in the bed..........have you ever seen one that was under weight and pointing up?

2013 Ford F150 3.5 ECO SCREW
TT233S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:07 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT233S View Post
Ever time I've seen head lights pointing up the vehicle was over loaded, to much TW and stuff in the bed..........have you ever seen one that was under weight and pointing up?

Insert a funny yo mama joke here... haha

Tags
lift