Old 06-26-2019, 01:18 PM   #21

I have had my haulgauge for about a week. From the first minute, I had Bluetooth connection problems which lead to the app timing out. Mike Hall was very helpful. We installed on an Apple phone with much better connections. Mike said they would look into a Samsung J3 to see if they could make it work so others don't have the same bad experience.

Shortly thereafter the iPhone started acting up with the tongue weight and payload readings. They were off by at least 15%. Turns out, they did not have a good calibration for my particular truck. Mike walked me through the suspension calibration (easy) and my payload and tongue weights were pretty much spot on.

If you buy this unit, be patient if you run into a snag. Help is only a phone call away. Also, DO YOUR SUSPENSION CALIBRATIONS from the settings menu. You will eliminate a generic calibration that will throw off your readings. In my case, I have the Max Tow Pkg, which changes the rear springs and shocks. Guess I should not have assumed it could decipher my VIN options. Heading to the scales once this feels like temp in Florida drops below triple digits to verify readings.

Husky Centerline HD 1400/14000 WDH
alb2tpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerweps View Post
Swapped into my new F150. Read and recognized the VIN. No calibration needed. It didn't even ask for the sensor OBD orientation like it did for the old Explorer. It JUST KNOWS ��
Please go into settings and do a recalibration for your suspension. That way you are working from a correct zero base value for your exact truck, not a generic model. It made a big difference for me.

Husky Centerline HD 1400/14000 WDH
alb2tpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:02 PM   #23

I've got one and it's pretty accurate.

I used a CAT Scale to get actual weights and also used my Sherline scale to measure tongue weight and it's very close to scaled values.

I had to play around with acceleration speed to dial it in during calibration.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:37 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by alb2tpa View Post
Please go into settings and do a recalibration for your suspension. That way you are working from a correct zero base value for your exact truck, not a generic model. It made a big difference for me.
I don't know, it's pretty hard, sitting on the tailgate
Already done, just cause it was so easy.

However, my GVW appears to measure a reasonable amount for my truck but when I've measured my GCW so I could subtract my GVW from the GCW to get the TT weight, once subtracted it has read twice significantly lower than the TT dry weight. I may have to do the speed up and stop hokey pokey to manually recalibrate the meter ;(. I never did attempt to get a GCW pulling the TT with my Explorer, which also seemed to be reasonable on its GVW measurement before I shifted the Haul Gage to the new truck.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:12 PM   #25

Well, I got antsy and did the manual calibration for the truck weighing. A few fast drivers on narrow country roads made it a fun effort but I got it done. Measured maybe 100 pounds less than the last time on this truck. Get home and TRIED to do the suspension calibration manually. FIVE failures! It just wouldn't do it. Reset the level each time prior, too. Moved all over to get a level spot. So, I finally decided to pull the unit and reinstall it (unnecessarily I think), then my phone could not find the Haul Gauge. After a few plug out/plug ins, engine running/off, it was finally detected. I selected new vehicle and told it to rewrite everything via the VIN library. I will check it out tomorrow before calling the factory. I'm through with it today, my patience is gone.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:44 AM   #26

SENT BACK - I worked -sorta

YUP. Got it last week 139.00 CDN, works great - except - it interferes with my Kenwood DDIN aftermarket radio (with Mysterio - name could be wrong).

The add on pulls info from sensors ie: Pyrometer, Trans, Oil, Coolant, ambient air, intake air temps etc., and tons of other valuable info and displays it in 2 configurable (large) analog (digital - displayed analog) gauges - 5 to a page (2 pages). Also displays battery voltage, TPMS pressures and any fault codes.

SO because I can use one OR the other - not both, I sent it back. I would buy it again if it would work without interfering with the other KENWOOD DISPLAY. I tried it and #'s were very close to scale numbers.
X_Medic 73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:28 AM   #27

This sounds way more complicated then I am willing to go through. Maybe for guys that pull longer distances but the most I go is a couple hundred miles. I'll just keep eyeballing it.
'09 Rockwood Roo 233s
'03 1500 Silverado LS

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.
It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
The things that come to those that wait will be the scraggly crappy junk left by those that got there first.
popeye59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:21 AM   #28

Neat little tool but really once you've got your weights and know where your at it is really just a dust collector . same with my shurline TW scale once i got my TW fully loaded it sits in a cabinet no need for it unless i get a new unit or drastically load different then i have for the last 5 yrs .
MR.M is online now   Reply With Quote