Old 03-10-2019, 07:02 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post

Can't say that my Sherline Tongue Weight Scale sits and gathers dust. I bring it out and use it after loading for a trip. I prefer to take an actual weight rather than just assume that I've loaded the trailer the same every time. Only takes me a few minutes to set up and weight the tongue right at the coupler.

As for measuring how well my truck "hauls/pulls"? I have this gauge built into my backside that answers that question and does it for free.

I'll stick with my Sherline for TW.
If it works for you great . I've used mine maybe 4 times . unless i get a different unit i just don't see a need for it since i load the same every time .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post

Can't say that my Sherline Tongue Weight Scale sits and gathers dust. I bring it out and use it after loading for a trip. I prefer to take an actual weight rather than just assume that I've loaded the trailer the same every time. Only takes me a few minutes to set up and weight the tongue right at the coupler.

As for measuring how well my truck "hauls/pulls"? I have this gauge built into my backside that answers that question and does it for free.

I'll stick with my Sherline for TW.
How much does it really change?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:13 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
I would think somebody knows this before they even get on a highway, without this device. Just another gadget. Still don't get it

Which is why people would get an item like the HaulGauge so they know before they go. Itís not perfect and I can see it getting limited use. I can also see it being very helpful. Very few people can do the math that tells them if my fresh water tank holds 40 gallons and sits 3 feet in front of or 3 feet behind my trailer axle how will that effect my payload. After all I believe this Forum has made it clear you run out of payload before you exceed towing capacity. In most instances. I would find it very much a pain in the rear even with the new CAT scale only a mile away to weigh multiple times once mt once full. Yes itís a gadget but some gadgets are helpful. After all even if you could weigh every item as it went in and placed it perfectly who has that kinda of time and that is the ONLY way to know before you hit the road The HaulGauge is not vin locked so it can go from vehicle to vehicle or be shared with a friend or resold. Did I tow just fine without one in the past yes if I never use it again I will survive, I just find it hard to believe that anyone with an open mind couldnít find some into use it for themselves or a someone else
moose074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:22 PM   #24

I don't think I need one of these. Been driving semis and RV trailers for 40 years and never had one. Just drive.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:47 PM   #25
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

It is absolutely amazing what some will spend money on for their RV's...

Yet just as amazing what they won't spend money on for the very same RV...
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:53 AM   #26

You would have a really hard time convincing me that thing is accurate. If you haven't looked at the website (I did just out of curiosity not interested in buying) I have included it below. I will give them acceleration, that's the easy part. But it says everything else, payload, pin weight and tongue weight simply by measuring the vehicle pitch angle. 1,000 pounds in the front of the bed is going to be a way different pitch than 1,000 pounds on the tailgate.

The only thing you can determine from pitch angle is pitch angle.

Here is their website info: Acceleration is determined by an accelerometer onboard the HaulGauge device.

The rest of the HaulGauge features—tongue weight, pin weight, payload, and weight-distribution—simply monitor changes in the vehicle’s pitch after the scale has been initialized with the vehicle unloaded.