Old 09-07-2019, 11:48 AM   #1
Retired Ford Tech

Honda CRV TOAD

A friend of mine was towing his 2013 Honda CRV and the cable came out of his auxiliary brake system and applied 40% braking on the toad. He didn't notice until he got to the next campground which was 43 miles. The brakes overheated to the point that EVERYTHING had to be replaced, pads, rotors, calipers, brake lines. It all got COOKED. He took it to Monroe and they replaced everything, including the master cylinder, when they could not get a brake pedal. Monroe gave up and the vehicle is at Honda, which is where would have taken it in the first place. They can't work on it until Tuesday. My buddy paid Monroe 4100 dollars and gave up!
My question is, has anyone had a similar situation? The ABS was throwing some codes, but they didn't know what the were and he didn't get them.
rvpezzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:39 PM   #2

Had similar issue took it to Meinke in Helen,Montana .replaced rotors and brakes and had oil changed 650.00 what the heck cost 4100.00 somebody got ripped .
jgiarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:43 PM   #3
Retired Ford Tech

Thumbs down Honda Toad

An update on his situation. After Honda looked at it, they discovered that Monroe techs had the brake calipers on the wrong side of the vehicle. The bleeder valves were on the BOTTOM instead of the top, so they couldn't bleed the system. Honda charged him 200 dollars to fix Monroe's screw-up.
He was offered 200 dollars from Monroe to cover his expense from Honda, but he refused and called the credit card company to back charge Monroe 2,000 dollars and let them fight it out with them!
I looked at his bill from Monroe and they double dipped on a lot of the brake repair labor! What a bunch of CROOKS!
rvpezzano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toad