Old 01-27-2020, 10:35 PM   #41

The pic with the funny cars is a 2001 with a 7.3 diesel. Ford claims the best payload on a 2001 is 5214. Now I canít see the payload sticker but I am willing to bet since itís a diesel it doesnít have the 5k payload. I believe the second pic was of a 2008 unsure of the engine. Again I couldnít see the payload numbers. Just interesting that all the post that were mentioned about no enforcement of payload sticker and your first statement is basically that you doubt they are over payload
moose074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:51 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
If you are driving a pick-up truck for commerical use with a CDL. The truck displays the appropiate DOT numbers and requirements on your vehicle. Also compling with the DOT safety requirements plus the truck is license with a Flat Rate Plate paying the appropiate fees along with not exceding your tire loads than you are legal in IL.

This plate is required for anything over 10,001 LBS in vehicle weight. You simple register the pick-up truck for what every weight you want in 2,000 to 4,000 LB increments and pay the appropriate fees for the licenses plate.

That's how they can tow those loads in IL. If you are legal in your state than you are legal in all other states.
Illinois most license plates are a flat weight tax . 1/2 ton trucks require a B plate 3/4 a D .... If you put a D plate on a B truck you increase your taxable load and reduce the possibility of ever being overweight. It is the same with a trailer and itís cheaper to put a heavier trailer plate and avoid any overweight fines. If you work hard to carry more weight you could just find yourself in CDL land
And remember to have your safety sticker. Going the other way if you have a one ton truck with a b plate you could be overweight empty and the fine$ are nothing to laugh at.
2005 Subaru Outback

Wildwood 241QBXL
dacheedah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:20 PM   #43

Hey saw one being unloaded today. Two F -150 were on bottom, I saw him pull the last one off as was driving by, by time I got turned around he started working on top.The two on top are 250. To be fair it was a Ram 5500 Cummins pulling Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1071.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	327.6 KB
ID:	222979
moose074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:05 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacheedah View Post
Illinois most license plates are a flat weight tax . 1/2 ton trucks require a B plate 3/4 a D .... If you put a D plate on a B truck you increase your taxable load and reduce the possibility of ever being overweight. It is the same with a trailer and itís cheaper to put a heavier trailer plate and avoid any overweight fines. If you work hard to carry more weight you could just find yourself in CDL land
And remember to have your safety sticker. Going the other way if you have a one ton truck with a b plate you could be overweight empty and the fine$ are nothing to laugh at.
No, you will not be in CDL land as you put it. The only way you will be required a CDL is if you tow/haul for commercial use.

My older son has his 2006, 2500 truck register with a Flat rate plate with a class F plate and he is not commercial. This is so, the police officer in his small town will not ticket him when he tows his 1979 Bronco on his trailer.

You can also get the new "C" plate in IL. which does not require a safety inspection sticker. this plate covers 8.001lbs. to 10,000lbs.