Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2019, 03:53 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderMonkey View Post
Sorry, 2019 F150. I am going to go through the setup tonight. It does seem pretty straight forward and when I checked it today the trailer is tilted up slightly. I am hoping this is my issue.
Drop the hitch ball to get the trailer level. That will help quite a bit.

Then measure the front fender height empty, hitched without the bars and then hitched with the bars.

The last measurement should be very close to the empty height.

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:07 PM   #22

Update,

After purchasing a new TT and having the dealer install a new Husky Centerline TS hitch system I wasn't happy with it. I contacted Husky who sent me some documents to give them measurements of the vehicles. Today was the day to fill them out and send them in. I started by first reading the original install instructions. Then I followed their documents. I quickly became very upset with the dealer who installed this. I set the hitch up as per the install instructions and found the ball height was wrong, a washer was missing so the tilt was off, the bolts through the hitch head were not installed properly and the trailer brackets were 1 setting too low. Took me a little time to set this up as per instructions. I took it for a 1 hour ride and could tell it was a lot better. I just don't want to believe that a dealer who is trained and paid for a service doesn't install it correctly.
SpyderMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderMonkey View Post
Update,

After purchasing a new TT and having the dealer install a new Husky Centerline TS hitch system I wasn't happy with it. I contacted Husky who sent me some documents to give them measurements of the vehicles. Today was the day to fill them out and send them in. I started by first reading the original install instructions. Then I followed their documents. I quickly became very upset with the dealer who installed this. I set the hitch up as per the install instructions and found the ball height was wrong, a washer was missing so the tilt was off, the bolts through the hitch head were not installed properly and the trailer brackets were 1 setting too low. Took me a little time to set this up as per instructions. I took it for a 1 hour ride and could tell it was a lot better. I just don't want to believe that a dealer who is trained and paid for a service doesn't install it correctly.
Also not sure if you guys have seen or used this but I am a little bit of a technology guy. There is a device call Haul Gauge. I used this to just see the differences in the setup of weight distribution. I am going to attach the screenshots. I don't hold a lot of faith in this but since cat scales are not close to me it is better than nothing. The one at 10:54 was the dealer setup hitch, 12:27 was no weight distribution and the 12:30 was after following Husky's setup instructions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dealer setup hitch.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	212819   Click image for larger version

Name:	No weight distribution.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	212820   Click image for larger version

Name:	After Husky insall instructions.jpg
Views:	63