Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2019, 08:40 PM   #1

Information

Son is looking at a new grand design 215RB and is wondering if when goes to a new truck (smaller then what he has now) Don't know what the GVW or any of that isavailable now. Off the line is 5295 with tongue weight 427. So can ya'll provide the necessary infor to me to relate to him so that when he goes to get the new truck he can get the match for the tt.
SQROOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQROOT View Post
Son is looking at a new grand design 215RB and is wondering if when goes to a new truck (smaller then what he has now) Don't know what the GVW or any of that isavailable now. Off the line is 5295 with tongue weight 427. So can ya'll provide the necessary infor to me to relate to him so that when he goes to get the new truck he can get the match for the tt.
I am sure someone will be along to help but if you are quoting dry weight they of little help, gross weight of the actual trailer will be more helpful.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:56 PM   #3

Oaklevel is correct dry weight is a good place to start . Also is your son going from a 1 ton to half ton. I would pull that trailer all day with my Tundra or Eco Boost, but never with my Ram 1500 with a higher payload 1900 compared to the 1290 or 1360 of the above trucks.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:11 PM   #4
Retired Old Fart

Smaller truck is a lot of explained variables. A newer 1500/150 series could be able to handle it with proper gearing and engine. But if you are talking about the Ranger and Colorado sized trucks, I'm not so sure.

Unloaded vehicle weight of the 2150RB is listed at 5,295 pounds, and gross vehicle weight is 6,695 and tongue weight of 427 pounds according to their site (the 2020 model info). It all depends on the truck and configuration he is moving down to. Just saying a half ton can tow it still depends on how the half ton is configured (engine, transmission, rear axle ratio, body type, etc...)

Also it looks like the 2150RB is limited to existing dealer stock, so they apparently are not going to make any more. If he is set on that floorplan, he might want to not wait too long.
dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote