Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2016, 11:37 AM   #1

Jack Rabbit Tonneau cover install question - Asymmetrical rails ?

Hi,

I'm just preparing to install the new Jack Rabbit tonneau cover that I ordered for my F250, and noticed that the spacers pre-installed on the rails (riveted) are asymmetrical.

I wanted to check if anyone who's installed one of these could comment if they had the same setup.

I understand from reading that the truck rails are normally spaced wider nearer the cab and closer at the tailgate, so could understand if the wider spacers were on each rail closer to the cab end, with the narrower ones at the tailgate end, but not as they are with both the wider spacers on one rail, and the narrower ones on the other rail.

Would really appreciate any feedback from folks who've done this install, and/or could check their JackRabbit rails.

You can see on the left side of the photo where the riveted spacers are wider on one rail than the other. The same is true for the other end of the same rail.

Thanks

Tags
cover